Cisco Systems and Google will give digital-video-recorder pioneer TiVo lump-sum payments totaling US$490 million as part of a deal that will end the companies' litigation over patents for set-top technology.
Apple is again rumored to be preparing to release a television set.
The Multimedia Patent Trust wants royalties every time Apple sells an iPhone
Hybrid Television Services, Australia’s exclusive TiVo distributor, is restructuring its business to make way for new video on demand and interactive services.
Tivo on Tuesday took a step forward in marrying TV with the Web, introducing a new set-top box that will bring cable programming and streaming content from the Internet to TV screens.
From 1 December, a TiVo HD set-top box will be available with a 320GB hard drive for $699. The original 160GB model will have its price cut by $100 to $599. The TiVo's distributor, Hybrid Television Services, is owned by the Seven Media Group which r...
Ever been away from home and remembered at the last minute that you didn't set the <a href="http://www.tivo.com/">TiVo</a> to record the new episode of your favorite TV show? Or been running late and wanted to program the digital video recorder (DVR)...
Western Digital Corp. Wednesday said that its TiVo-enabled My DVR Expander external hard drive is now available with a capacity of 1TB capacity. The external drive can store up to 600 hours of standard definition television or 140 hours of high-defin...
Internode and Hybrid Television Services have struck a deal to offer unmetered TiVo content through Internode’s ADSL network, starting this week.
The Good Guys will take on TiVo after licensee, Hybrid Television Services, added the chain to its retail channel.
Seven Media Group-owned company Hybrid Television Services today revealed that TiVo personal video recorders would be available through the Qantas Frequent Flyer rewards program. Participants in the system accrue points whenever they use Qantas servi...
If you’re one of the few consumers who bought a TiVo before the Olympic Games and were a little disheartened at the lack of functionality, there’s some salvation in sight.
Hybrid Television Services, the company behind the Australian release of the TiVo media device, today announced a deal with popular electronics retailer JB Hi-Fi that will allow TiVo set-top boxes to be sold in its stores.
TiVo’s retail reach within Australia is expanding after the Seven Media Group announced Thursday that JB Hi-Fi will this month commence selling the product in its stores.
Research In Motion, typically considered an enterprise device developer, continues to push its consumer strategy with new services announced Thursday, including MySpace and Tivo applications and a music service for BlackBerry users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Cisco's pay package for CEO Robbins is a sweet deal
- Mozilla CEO blasts Microsoft over Windows 10 defaults
- Researchers improve de-anonymization attacks for websites hiding on Tor
- Facebook aims to launch unmanned drone by year-end
- Has the Apple Watch recorded $1 billion revenue in 87 days?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW