A U.S. House of Representatives committee has reportedly launched an investigation into the Federal Trade Commission's use of information from a peer-to-peer security vendor to bring a data breach complaint against a medical testing laboratory.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should back away from its claim of broad authority to seek sanctions against companies for data breaches when it has no clearly defined data security standards, critics of the agency said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
- 4 LG G3 review
- 5 Nokia Lumia 930 review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- SAP buying Concur for $8.3 billion to boost cloud portfolio
- Home Depot breach put 56 million payment cards at risk, company says
- Oracle CEO, Larry Ellison, steps down as CEO, Catz, Hurd named co-CEOs
- Qualcomm shows its Snapdragon 810 in action
- Oracle CEO Larry Ellison steps down as CEO, Catz, Hurd named co-CEOs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.