Charter Communications has confirmed it plans to acquire of Time Warner Cable, a deal that if approved would create the second-biggest cable operator in the U.S.
Charter wins Time Warner with $55 million bid...Jony Ive moves upstairs at Apple... Sharp shows off its slow-mo phone...and more tech news.
Charter Communications is said to be near a US$55 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable, a deal that would create a broadband powerhouse in the U.S.
Buying one slick connected device after another until you have a smart home sounds cool, but things may not work out that smoothly.
Consumer groups are cheering the news that Comcast abandoned its proposed US$45 billion acquisition of fellow cable and broadband provider Time Warner Cable, saying it's good for customers and demonstrates the power of Internet activism.
Comcast has abandoned plans to merge with Time Warner Cable, according to a Bloomberg News report on Thursday.
Facebook's mobile traffic dominates...Google, Box step up enterprise tools...Russian malware targeted the White House...and more tech news.
Paradoxically for a platform intended to automate cloud service deployment, a major obstacle to wider adoption of OpenStack is a lack of qualified staff, speakers and attendees at the OpenStack Summit in Paris said Monday.
U.S. residents lack meaningful choices for broadband providers that offer 25Mbps or faster download speeds, and the U.S. Federal Communications Commission will push for more competition, the agency's chairman said Thursday.
An issue with Time Warner Cable's Internet backbone disrupted the company's Internet and on demand services on Wednesday morning, the company said.
When Level 3 Communications completes its US$5.7 billion deal to acquire TW Telecom, the company will be a stronger competitor, focused on large business and government customers, executives from both companies said.
The CEOs of 28 U.S. broadband providers and trade groups, including the four largest ISPs, have warned the U.S. Federal Communications Commission against reregulating broadband as a utility in an effort to protect net neutrality, saying reclassificat...
The proposed US$45.2 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable by Comcast would give the company huge market power to determine broadband prices and Internet content, a group of U.S. senators said Wednesday.
Cable giant Comcast has fired up its messaging machine to promote its proposed US$45.2 billion purchase of fellow cable television and broadband provider Time Warner Cable, arguing the deal will benefit Time Warner's broadband customers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- FTGeospatial Support AnalystQLD
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW