Charter Communications has confirmed it plans to acquire of Time Warner Cable, a deal that if approved would create the second-biggest cable operator in the U.S.
Charter wins Time Warner with $55 million bid...Jony Ive moves upstairs at Apple... Sharp shows off its slow-mo phone...and more tech news.
Charter Communications is said to be near a US$55 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable, a deal that would create a broadband powerhouse in the U.S.
Buying one slick connected device after another until you have a smart home sounds cool, but things may not work out that smoothly.
Consumer groups are cheering the news that Comcast abandoned its proposed US$45 billion acquisition of fellow cable and broadband provider Time Warner Cable, saying it's good for customers and demonstrates the power of Internet activism.
Comcast has abandoned plans to merge with Time Warner Cable, according to a Bloomberg News report on Thursday.
Facebook's mobile traffic dominates...Google, Box step up enterprise tools...Russian malware targeted the White House...and more tech news.
Paradoxically for a platform intended to automate cloud service deployment, a major obstacle to wider adoption of OpenStack is a lack of qualified staff, speakers and attendees at the OpenStack Summit in Paris said Monday.
U.S. residents lack meaningful choices for broadband providers that offer 25Mbps or faster download speeds, and the U.S. Federal Communications Commission will push for more competition, the agency's chairman said Thursday.
An issue with Time Warner Cable's Internet backbone disrupted the company's Internet and on demand services on Wednesday morning, the company said.
When Level 3 Communications completes its US$5.7 billion deal to acquire TW Telecom, the company will be a stronger competitor, focused on large business and government customers, executives from both companies said.
The CEOs of 28 U.S. broadband providers and trade groups, including the four largest ISPs, have warned the U.S. Federal Communications Commission against reregulating broadband as a utility in an effort to protect net neutrality, saying reclassificat...
The proposed US$45.2 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable by Comcast would give the company huge market power to determine broadband prices and Internet content, a group of U.S. senators said Wednesday.
Cable giant Comcast has fired up its messaging machine to promote its proposed US$45.2 billion purchase of fellow cable television and broadband provider Time Warner Cable, arguing the deal will benefit Time Warner's broadband customers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTTest Analyst, Finance Software SolutionsNSW
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC