New Tilera co-processors tuned for Hadoop, video and networking applications can free up the primary CPUs of x86 servers to run other applications.
After a lull, the race to add more processor cores to chips continues. Tilera is developing a new chip that will have more than 100 processor cores as the company looks to outperform ARM and Intel processors in Web-specific tasks.
Tilera on Tuesday announced a new general-purpose CPU with 100 processing cores, which the company hopes will provide headway into a server market dominated by Intel and Advanced Micro Devices.
A server with 800 processor cores could ship next year with Tilera's next-generation 100-core chips inside, a company executive said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- nbn on track to meet its financial year plan: Bill Morrow
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Foxtel, Village and ISPs yet to agree on the cost of blocking pirate sites
- Why Microsoft won't extend the Windows 10 free upgrade offer
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Portfolio Services ManagementNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Execution ManagerVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net Junior DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA