After the U.S. Congress approved what critics have called modest limits on the National Security Agency's collection of domestic telephone records, many lawmakers may be reluctant to further change the government's surveillance programs.
A lopsided vote in the U.S. House of Representatives this week to rein in the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet won muted praise, with many supporters calling on Congress to take stronger action.
A coalition of digital rights groups and Internet companies has launched a campaign, called Reset the Net, to encourage Web users and Internet companies to take measures to use surveillance-resistant privacy tools.
Privacy and digital rights groups are overstating the privacy concerns in a controversial cyberthreat information bill introduced this week in the U.S. Congress, the bill's sponsors and leaders of some business groups said.
As a new session of the U.S. Congress convenes in early 2013, don't expect lawmakers to rush out a new version of the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) or the Protect IP Act (PIPA).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBilling Assistant / AdministrationACT
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW