After the U.S. Congress approved what critics have called modest limits on the National Security Agency's collection of domestic telephone records, many lawmakers may be reluctant to further change the government's surveillance programs.
A lopsided vote in the U.S. House of Representatives this week to rein in the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet won muted praise, with many supporters calling on Congress to take stronger action.
A coalition of digital rights groups and Internet companies has launched a campaign, called Reset the Net, to encourage Web users and Internet companies to take measures to use surveillance-resistant privacy tools.
Privacy and digital rights groups are overstating the privacy concerns in a controversial cyberthreat information bill introduced this week in the U.S. Congress, the bill's sponsors and leaders of some business groups said.
As a new session of the U.S. Congress convenes in early 2013, don't expect lawmakers to rush out a new version of the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) or the Protect IP Act (PIPA).
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCPerformance TesterVIC
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- CCProject Manager - ProcurementNSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)VIC
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD