Two companies have started working on a full-featured version of the free office suite LibreOffice for Android. They hope to have a beta version available in March.
The Document Foundation
The organization behind LibreOffice is hoping community members will help it uncover problems with an upcoming release of the open-source office suite via an international "bug hunt" next week.
Version 3.4.2 of the open-source LibreOffice suite is now available and "enterprise-ready," project backers The Document Foundation announced Monday.
Oracle suddenly <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/060111-oracle-submits-openofficeorg-codebase-to.html">announced Wednesday it was submitting</a> the codebase for OpenOffice.org to the Apache Software Foundation, ending speculation about...
The Document Foundation on Friday <a href="http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2011/04/22/libreoffice-3-4-beta-2-available/">announced a second beta</a> for LibreOffice 3.4, the offshoot of the OpenOffice.org codebase, one week after Oracle said it wo...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT