Raw horsepower has always been important measuring stick for performance of mobile devices and PCs, but it's also important to determine whether applications are written to exploit all the available hardware features.
Texas Instruments and MediaTek have launched new offerings aimed at making it easier to build IoT (Internet of Things) devices with Wi-Fi connectivity.
Low-power wearables may soon bid adieu to batteries and start drawing energy generated by body heat and movement, and ambient energy from the environment.
Texas Instruments is tapping into the growing trend among enthusiasts who want to make their own wearable devices and small electronics, announcing the Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad mini-computer.
Technology stocks are up for the year as shares of many vendors are back to pre-recession levels, but recent company results and market research reports have been mixed, calling into question how some vendors will fare next year.
If you want to avoid traffic accidents or aren't very good at parking, the latest SoC (System-on-Chip) from Texas Instruments offers relief.
Chip makers are responding to the hot wearable-computer trend with new processor designs as they also seize the opportunity to breathe life into existing chip technologies that previously failed to catch hold.
Tech earnings this week highlighted the importance of mobile communications to IT, as companies including Apple, Samsung, Facebook, AT&T and Texas Instruments reported mixed results for the quarter ending in June.
Texas Instruments and Qualcomm are working on products that will power small mobile base stations, also known as small cells, and help improve indoor coverage and speeds for enterprises.
Open-source board maker BeagleBoard.org has introduced a bare-bones PC starting at US$45, bringing it closer to the popular Raspberry Pi, which offers basic models for $US25 and $US35.
Chip makers STMicroelectronics and Texas Instruments have announced partnerships with Swedish vendor Thingsquare, which has developed a tiny operating system designed to make it easier to connect a broad variety of things, from street lights to therm...
Texas Instruments will lay off 1700 employees as it refocuses its efforts away from the wireless sector -- including cellphones and tablets -- and toward embedded systems, the company announced Wednesday.
Texas Instruments has partnered with AllGo Embedded Systems to announce a reference design that will allow Android 4.0 tablets to be built for under US$70, the companies announced Wednesday.
Concern about how well quad-core processors will work in mobile devices like smartphones and tablets means that Texas Instruments will focus on releasing chips with dual-core ARM processors for these applications, a company executive said this week.
Third-quarter earnings reports from major tech vendors continued to pour in this week, confirming upbeat trends for enterprise software and emerging markets but mixed results for hardware and components.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW