Raw horsepower has always been important measuring stick for performance of mobile devices and PCs, but it's also important to determine whether applications are written to exploit all the available hardware features.
Texas Instruments and MediaTek have launched new offerings aimed at making it easier to build IoT (Internet of Things) devices with Wi-Fi connectivity.
Low-power wearables may soon bid adieu to batteries and start drawing energy generated by body heat and movement, and ambient energy from the environment.
Texas Instruments is tapping into the growing trend among enthusiasts who want to make their own wearable devices and small electronics, announcing the Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad mini-computer.
Technology stocks are up for the year as shares of many vendors are back to pre-recession levels, but recent company results and market research reports have been mixed, calling into question how some vendors will fare next year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- Australian businesses need to accept higher rotation of millennials: Kronos
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW