Spotify isn't going to let Apple walk all over it, and has secured a new investment round to defend its position in the increasingly competitive streaming music sector.
Several European telcos have come out against a scheme by their fellow operators to block advertising as a maneuver to force Google to share its revenue.
The former Director General of the World Trade Organization is to head up a new group looking at the future use of TV broadcast spectrum across the European Union.
The Swedish Security Service wants direct access to systems used by service providers to collect information on user communications, but the providers are convinced that would be a threat to data privacy.
European operators Vodafone, Telefónica and EE have all started testing LTE-Advanced, and are aiming to offer speeds over 200Mbps. But a lack of devices means commercial services will have to wait.
LTE is simultaneously being pushed forward on several fronts, and the result for users will be faster networks, better coverage and the ability to access networks while travelling abroad.
More subscribers, networks with better coverage and devices that can be used in more countries are converging to make LTE roaming a more viable proposition, with some operators already offering such services on a limited scale and more on the way.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC