Users can now place free video calls with Messenger, as Facebook continues to extend the app beyond simple text-based chats.
Facebook wants to mesh its massive social network with phone communications so that it can provide its members with useful information about people at the other end of the line.
Google and SpaceX could be joining forces to beam the Internet from the sky after Google and Fidelity Investments together invested US$1 billion in Elon Musk's space venture.
Kim Dotcom, founder of the file hosting service Mega, is preparing to launch an encrypted video-calling and chat service that will shield its users' communications from government surveillance.
Microsoft's upcoming Skype for Web service will use the new WebRTC standard so it works in all modern browsers -- but not right away: Early users will have to download a plugin that's only available on Mac and Windows.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerSA