Telecom carriers must get permission from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to replace their copper networks with Internet Protocol-based systems if the change will result in discontinued or reduced voice services for customers.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission may require the country's telecom carriers to warn residential and business customers about their plans to abandon old, copper telephone networks for IP-based systems.
The U.S. Congress should kill the section of the Patriot Act that has allowed the National Security Agency to collect millions of phone records from the nation's residents, instead of trying to amend it, a civil liberties advocate said Friday.
The next time you call customer service, you may get an answer from a Chromebook.
Wi-Fi may carry many voice calls within the next few years, but the technology required to make those calls is still young in some ways.
Network operator British Telecom is hoping to increase the popularity of its audioconferencing service by extending a high-quality audio feature to users of Web-based conferencing clients.
These days, making a call across the U.S. is so easy that people often don't even know they're talking coast to coast. But 100 years ago Sunday, it took a hackathon, a new technology and an international exposition to make it happen.
A controversial U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone or mobile service for poor people needs to move into the 21st century by expanding into broadband, a broadband advocacy group said.
ShoreTel has rejected both Mitel Networks' first and a subsequent higher bid, declaring it "significantly undervalued" the company.
Microsoft has decided to stop routing Skype Internet calls from within India to local landlines and mobile phones, in a move that may signal it is giving in to local regulations.
Google may be among the hopefuls vying to turn the New York City phone booths of the past into "communication points" of the future with free Wi-Fi and cellphone charging.
T-Mobile USA has rolled out voice over LTE in its home base of Seattle, offering high-definition voice and promising benefits to subscribers from a technology that in time could save carriers a lot of money.
The transition from copper-based telephone systems to IP networks in the U.S. could become swept up in political fallout as the FCC figures out how to regulate such networks in ways that will appease the courts.
A federal jury in New Jersey has handed a setback to Avaya, ruling that it illegally tried to quash competition for service on its enterprise communications equipment.
At around €2,000 (US$2800) each, the secure smartphones that SecuSmart showed at Cebit last year were out of reach of many businesses -- although three governments have since bought them to secure mobile phone calls between senior officials, accordin...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC