Telecom carriers must get permission from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to replace their copper networks with Internet Protocol-based systems if the change will result in discontinued or reduced voice services for customers.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission may require the country's telecom carriers to warn residential and business customers about their plans to abandon old, copper telephone networks for IP-based systems.
The U.S. Congress should kill the section of the Patriot Act that has allowed the National Security Agency to collect millions of phone records from the nation's residents, instead of trying to amend it, a civil liberties advocate said Friday.
The next time you call customer service, you may get an answer from a Chromebook.
Wi-Fi may carry many voice calls within the next few years, but the technology required to make those calls is still young in some ways.
Network operator British Telecom is hoping to increase the popularity of its audioconferencing service by extending a high-quality audio feature to users of Web-based conferencing clients.
These days, making a call across the U.S. is so easy that people often don't even know they're talking coast to coast. But 100 years ago Sunday, it took a hackathon, a new technology and an international exposition to make it happen.
A controversial U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone or mobile service for poor people needs to move into the 21st century by expanding into broadband, a broadband advocacy group said.
ShoreTel has rejected both Mitel Networks' first and a subsequent higher bid, declaring it "significantly undervalued" the company.
Microsoft has decided to stop routing Skype Internet calls from within India to local landlines and mobile phones, in a move that may signal it is giving in to local regulations.
Google may be among the hopefuls vying to turn the New York City phone booths of the past into "communication points" of the future with free Wi-Fi and cellphone charging.
T-Mobile USA has rolled out voice over LTE in its home base of Seattle, offering high-definition voice and promising benefits to subscribers from a technology that in time could save carriers a lot of money.
The transition from copper-based telephone systems to IP networks in the U.S. could become swept up in political fallout as the FCC figures out how to regulate such networks in ways that will appease the courts.
A federal jury in New Jersey has handed a setback to Avaya, ruling that it illegally tried to quash competition for service on its enterprise communications equipment.
At around €2,000 (US$2800) each, the secure smartphones that SecuSmart showed at Cebit last year were out of reach of many businesses -- although three governments have since bought them to secure mobile phone calls between senior officials, accordin...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCGIS ConsultantNSW
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- FTProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystSA
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT