Telecom carriers must get permission from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to replace their copper networks with Internet Protocol-based systems if the change will result in discontinued or reduced voice services for customers.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission may require the country's telecom carriers to warn residential and business customers about their plans to abandon old, copper telephone networks for IP-based systems.
The U.S. Congress should kill the section of the Patriot Act that has allowed the National Security Agency to collect millions of phone records from the nation's residents, instead of trying to amend it, a civil liberties advocate said Friday.
The next time you call customer service, you may get an answer from a Chromebook.
Wi-Fi may carry many voice calls within the next few years, but the technology required to make those calls is still young in some ways.
Network operator British Telecom is hoping to increase the popularity of its audioconferencing service by extending a high-quality audio feature to users of Web-based conferencing clients.
These days, making a call across the U.S. is so easy that people often don't even know they're talking coast to coast. But 100 years ago Sunday, it took a hackathon, a new technology and an international exposition to make it happen.
A controversial U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone or mobile service for poor people needs to move into the 21st century by expanding into broadband, a broadband advocacy group said.
ShoreTel has rejected both Mitel Networks' first and a subsequent higher bid, declaring it "significantly undervalued" the company.
Microsoft has decided to stop routing Skype Internet calls from within India to local landlines and mobile phones, in a move that may signal it is giving in to local regulations.
Google may be among the hopefuls vying to turn the New York City phone booths of the past into "communication points" of the future with free Wi-Fi and cellphone charging.
T-Mobile USA has rolled out voice over LTE in its home base of Seattle, offering high-definition voice and promising benefits to subscribers from a technology that in time could save carriers a lot of money.
The transition from copper-based telephone systems to IP networks in the U.S. could become swept up in political fallout as the FCC figures out how to regulate such networks in ways that will appease the courts.
A federal jury in New Jersey has handed a setback to Avaya, ruling that it illegally tried to quash competition for service on its enterprise communications equipment.
At around €2,000 (US$2800) each, the secure smartphones that SecuSmart showed at Cebit last year were out of reach of many businesses -- although three governments have since bought them to secure mobile phone calls between senior officials, accordin...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Try this! 6 new Android 7.0 Nougat features to use now
- Spotify is retaliating against artists with Apple Music exclusives
- Artificial Intelligence: 7 factors for precision decisions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCComms project specialistVIC