Hutchison Whampoa has agreed to acquire U.K. mobile operator O2 for a price that could top US$15 billion, giving a company that already owns one major carrier an even bigger share of the British market.
The dream of an Internet of things could turn into a nightmare for mobile operators, if sloppily written apps or chatty smartmeters were to overload their networks with signaling traffic. To avert such a scenario, a number of operators are backing a ...
A European Commission investigation into whether telecom operators were throttling Internet traffic in order to gain an unfair advantage over rivals has turned up no smoking guns, but one of the companies that prompted the probe isn't happy with the ...
Telefónica has submitted an offer for Brazilian telecom operator GVT (Global Village Telecom) worth €6.7 billion (US$9 billion), as it seeks to build up its business in Brazil by integrating mobile and fixed broadband with pay-TV services.
Telecom operator Telefónica has launched the first mobile ad-exchange platform to use the operator's customer demographics and real-time location data to serve targeted mobile ads, the company said on Wednesday.
Chip vendors and device makers are readying the smartphones, hotspots and cars that will let users eventually enjoy higher download speeds with LTE-Advanced.
Telefónica plans to launch its M2M (machine to machine) channel partner program globally, hoping to reinforce its position in a sector that's becoming increasingly competitive.
Telefónica has signed a deal with Japanese voice and messaging app developer Line to put the company's app on Firefox OS devices.
For enterprises that don't want employees to roam using cellular networks, Telefónica has launched Universal Wi-Fi, which offers coverage in 110 countries.
The GSM Association, operators and vendors have published a specification that enables remote provisioning of embedded SIM identification modules, which should cut the cost of connecting cars and utility meters to the Internet.
European operators Vodafone, Telefónica and EE have all started testing LTE-Advanced, and are aiming to offer speeds over 200Mbps. But a lack of devices means commercial services will have to wait.
LG Electronics' new smartphone based on Firefox OS, the Fireweb, offers slightly better hardware specs than competing products.
Mozilla Foundation is improving the performance of its Firefox OS software for smartphones, and devices running it will soon go on sale in more European and Latin American countries.
To help operators virtualize their infrastructures, Alcatel-Lucent has opened up to third party vendors an internal cloud platform that will run features such as DNS and firewalls.
It emerged Thursday, that Europe’s top antitrust watchdog carried out unannounced raids on Telefónica, Deutsche Telecom and Orange on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC