It takes a plow the size of a small house, a robot the size of a truck and a purpose-built ship to install Google's latest oceanic infrastructure project - a super-fast submarine Internet cable linking the US and Japan.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission may require the country's telecom carriers to warn residential and business customers about their plans to abandon old, copper telephone networks for IP-based systems.
Two sister mobile and telecom service providers will pay a combined US$3.5 million after the U.S. Federal Communications Commission found that they were storing customers' personal data on unprotected servers accessible over the Internet.
TracFone, a major provider of prepaid mobile phone service, must keep its promise to let customers unlock their devices and transfer service to competing carriers, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission said.
A U.S. surveillance court has extended a controversial telephone records dragnet while the National Security Agency works to wind down the program on orders from Congress.
The availability of really fast broadband in your neighborhood could increase your home's value by more than 3 percent.
PayPal is fine-tuning its policies after a recently announced plan to make unsolicited prerecorded calls and texts to users drew questions and concerns from customers, regulators and consumer advocates.
Predictions from net neutrality opponents that regulations would choke off broadband investment haven't come true, with several service providers announcing expansions in the four months since the U.S. Federal Communications Commission passed new rul...
If operators are to build 5G mobile networks with download speeds at 10Gbps and above, they are going to need a lot more spectrum -- but getting it won't be easy.
Finnish company Uros has launched an LTE version of its wireless hotspot that can be equipped with 10 SIM cards to make roaming abroad easier.
With bottles of bubbly and a purification ceremony, a Google-backed undersea cable was given a warm welcome on a beach in Japan last week, a critical step in building the highest capacity data link in the Pacific ever created.
Alcatel-Lucent and chipmaker Sckipio Technologies are debuting modem technology that will help make speeds of hundreds of megabit per second over copper cables a reality.
As if the all the controversy over LTE networks crowding out Wi-Fi isn't enough, a new technology in the works at Qualcomm Research might allow a lot more people to set them up.
Carriers around the world are converging on 2017 as the year to turn off their GSM networks, with three operators in Singapore announcing Monday their plans to reuse their GSM spectrum for other services.
One of the staples of desktop web browsing may be coming to iOS with a new feature Apple is adding to Safari with a forthcoming update to its mobile operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- FTSales/Account Manager - Education SectorNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTPMO - Master SchedulerVIC
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- CCUAT Test CoordinatorQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC