Google on Thursday introduced video chatting capabilities to Android phones, akin to Face Time on Apple iOS devices, as part of version 2.3.4 of the mobile operating system. Other Android apps already offer video chatting capabilities, but Google has...
Verizon will put a peel-off sticker on the screen of cellphones it sells, warning that the user's location may be tracked. The sticker also advises users to be careful which apps they install if they wish to avoid location information being shared wi...
Google and Oracle each submitted proposals on Friday to reduce the number of claims in their Java patent infringement lawsuit, which could help bring the case to a speedier conclusion.
Yet another problem has cropped up preventing some Windows Phone 7 users from getting two software updates, adding a new chapter to the update saga that started in February.
Chinese telecommunications equipment supplier ZTE has fired back against its rival Huawei Technologies by filing its own patent infringement lawsuit against the company.
China's largest telecommunications equipment supplier, Huawei, has filed lawsuits against Chinese rival ZTE for patent infringement involving mobile technologies.
Verizon Wireless said its 4G LTE network was "up and running" at 11 a.m. Eastern time on Thursday, following a nationwide outage that began late Tuesday.
The white iPhone 4 goes on sale Thursday. Apple's new white iPhone 4 has sold out in some Asian markets, analysts and sites reported today.
If your corporate network starts to get a bit sluggish Friday, you might have to blame Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Verizon still hasn't disclosed the cause of the network outage that plagued LTE users this week, but at least one effect is clear: embarrassment.
Square, a mobile credit card processing startup, received an undisclosed strategic investment from Visa, the world's largest credit card company. The investment is strategic because Square probably doesn't need the cash. The company was started in 20...
Verizon may finally be preparing to start offering a Windows Phone 7 smartphone, following months of rumors about the launch date.
Verizon Wireless has determined the cause of an outage that crippled its LTE mobile data network starting late Tuesday and it is working to solve the problem, but the carrier has not estimated when the system will be restored.
Apple today denied that it tracks iPhone and iPad users, saying that "users are confused" about the issue.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should deny AT&T's plan to buy US$1.9 billion worth of wireless spectrum from Qualcomm because of the telecom carrier's proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA, several consumer groups said Wednesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PCWorld's January Digital Edition: How AMD's Ryzen chip could change everything
- Twitter's Vine dies today, so download your videos pronto
- Nvidia's new Shield TV launches with HDR support, and connected home smarts on deck
- Why Linux users should worry about malware and what they can do about it
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW
- FTChief Information Security OfficerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXQLD
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW