The U.S. Congress should take a hands-off approach toward the burgeoning Internet of Things industry and let vendors figure out how to deal with privacy and security issues, representatives of four trade groups said.
A new bill in Congress would require law enforcement agencies to get court-ordered warrants before targeting U.S. residents in searches of electronic communications collected by the National Security Agency.
A U.S. Congress committee has overwhelmingly approved legislation designed to stop the bulk collection of U.S. phone records by the National Security Agency.
The U.S. Congress needs to help restore global trust in the nation's technology vendors by reining in surveillance programs at the National Security Agency, an industry representative told lawmakers Tuesday.
The U.S. House of Representatives has narrowly rejected an effort to stop the National Security Agency from collecting millions of U.S. residents' telephone records.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Why Apple will make smart glasses
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- CCBusiness and Change Deployment LeadVIC