The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules could open the door to rate regulation and could drive some small broadband providers out of business, some Senate Republicans said Wednesday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should abandon its efforts to pass net neutrality rules because new regulations would hurt investment and the deployment of broadband, a parade of Republican senators and advocates said Wednesday.
A U.S. lawmaker has introduced legislation that would prohibit the Federal Communications Commission from reclassifying broadband as a common-carrier utility, a move many net neutrality advocates have called for.
The U.S. Senate has voted to allow states to collect sales tax from online retailers, making it more difficult to buy tax-free products online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCTest ManagerQLD