The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules could open the door to rate regulation and could drive some small broadband providers out of business, some Senate Republicans said Wednesday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should abandon its efforts to pass net neutrality rules because new regulations would hurt investment and the deployment of broadband, a parade of Republican senators and advocates said Wednesday.
A U.S. lawmaker has introduced legislation that would prohibit the Federal Communications Commission from reclassifying broadband as a common-carrier utility, a move many net neutrality advocates have called for.
The U.S. Senate has voted to allow states to collect sales tax from online retailers, making it more difficult to buy tax-free products online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CC.net DeveloperACT