Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. is putting a positive spin on China's investments aimed at making its chip industry a competitive, global powerhouse.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. said its net profit in the first quarter increased by 21 percent year-over-year on better than expected demand for smartphone chips.
Contract chip maker Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. said its net profit grew by close to 8 percent year-over-year in the fourth quarter.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. said its net profit in the second quarter grew 23.8 percent year over year, driven by demand for faster and power-efficient chips for mobile phones built with its new 28-nanometer manufacturing process.
The race to make the most advanced chips for smartphones and tablets is gaining steam, with contract chip manufacturer TSMC hastening implementation of its latest manufacturing technology to close a chip-making advantage long held by Intel.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) reported that its first quarter net profit was up 18 percent year-over-year, as its revenue for the period exceeded its projections.
Graphics processors with 3D transistors could come to smartphones and tablets through a technology collaboration between Imagination Technologies and contract chip maker TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co.).
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) reported third-quarter net profit was up by 62 percent year-over-year, with the company's revenue beating its original estimate as a result of strong demand for mobile chips.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) said Thursday net profits in the third quarter dropped 35.2 percent year-over-year, as demand for the company's chips fell because of economic conditions. The company however expects a turnaround next yea...
Demand for tablets helped Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) grow its first quarter revenues by 14.3 percent over the same period last year.
Semiconductor companies in Taiwan plan to hire thousands of new employees on the island this year to meet the fast-growing global consumer demand for smartphones and tablet PCs.
Lower-than-normal rainfall around a major technology manufacturing area in Taiwan, the Hsinchu Science Park, has prompted the government to cut water pressure at night and study more stringent measures going forward.
Taiwan's major semiconductor manufacturers, a crucial link in the global tech supply chain, scrambled on Monday to gauge how their access to raw materials from Japanese suppliers will be affected by the powerful earthquake in Japan.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. is expanding capacity this year following recent unexpected demand from customers including Apple suppliers, it said Wednesday
TSMC, the world's biggest semiconductor foundry, said on Thursday it expects to expand capacity 20 percent this year as demand for PCs and mobile devices rises.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Maps beta now shows how hard it will be to park at your destination
- After first week, A.I. system is beating human poker players
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCWebMethod DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC