Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. is putting a positive spin on China's investments aimed at making its chip industry a competitive, global powerhouse.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. said its net profit in the first quarter increased by 21 percent year-over-year on better than expected demand for smartphone chips.
Contract chip maker Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. said its net profit grew by close to 8 percent year-over-year in the fourth quarter.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. said its net profit in the second quarter grew 23.8 percent year over year, driven by demand for faster and power-efficient chips for mobile phones built with its new 28-nanometer manufacturing process.
The race to make the most advanced chips for smartphones and tablets is gaining steam, with contract chip manufacturer TSMC hastening implementation of its latest manufacturing technology to close a chip-making advantage long held by Intel.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) reported that its first quarter net profit was up 18 percent year-over-year, as its revenue for the period exceeded its projections.
Graphics processors with 3D transistors could come to smartphones and tablets through a technology collaboration between Imagination Technologies and contract chip maker TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co.).
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) reported third-quarter net profit was up by 62 percent year-over-year, with the company's revenue beating its original estimate as a result of strong demand for mobile chips.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) said Thursday net profits in the third quarter dropped 35.2 percent year-over-year, as demand for the company's chips fell because of economic conditions. The company however expects a turnaround next yea...
Demand for tablets helped Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) grow its first quarter revenues by 14.3 percent over the same period last year.
Semiconductor companies in Taiwan plan to hire thousands of new employees on the island this year to meet the fast-growing global consumer demand for smartphones and tablet PCs.
Lower-than-normal rainfall around a major technology manufacturing area in Taiwan, the Hsinchu Science Park, has prompted the government to cut water pressure at night and study more stringent measures going forward.
Taiwan's major semiconductor manufacturers, a crucial link in the global tech supply chain, scrambled on Monday to gauge how their access to raw materials from Japanese suppliers will be affected by the powerful earthquake in Japan.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. is expanding capacity this year following recent unexpected demand from customers including Apple suppliers, it said Wednesday
TSMC, the world's biggest semiconductor foundry, said on Thursday it expects to expand capacity 20 percent this year as demand for PCs and mobile devices rises.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA