Jailbreaking--the process that enables you to install unauthorized-by-Apple third-party apps and additional features on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad--has been in a largely dormant state since the release of iOS 6. But it's back again.
The iOS 6.1 update fixes some bugs, but also introduces brand new ones, like potentially crippling your iPhone’s built-in speaker.
Struggling to read small text on your iPad mini? There's a fix for that.
Among other things, the iPad is a great way to save paper: It lets you carry around all kinds of digital documents that you might otherwise have had to print.
As the iPad ecosystem expands and matures, it becomes easier to leave your laptop behind and accomplish much of your business work on Apple's tablet computer. If you only need to <em>view</em><a href="http://www.macworld.com/product/671497/microsoft_...
If you're an iPad user, you may have discovered a rather strange quirk in iTunes. Although the program makes it blissfully easy to add documents to certain apps by way of its File Sharing feature, there appears to be no way to delete those documents.
Apple's iOS 4 enables multitasking and other new and useful features, but the iPad can't join the party until this fall. If you jailbreak your iPad, however, you can multitask today--and that's just the beginning.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA