Advanced Micro Devices hopes to take on Intel's ultrabooks with a new keyboard docking technology that modifies the level of performance of thin-and-light hybrid devices when used in tablet or laptop modes.
Introducing a Retina display to the next iPad mini could add 30 per cent to the overall cost of the tablet's components, a new report has suggested.
Apple's new Lightning connector currently doesn't transfer data at USB 3.0 speeds, despite the belief that it is able to support it. A new listing on Apple's Jobs site suggests that the company is working to bring full USB 3.0 support for its iOS dev...
Canonical has introduced the Ubuntu tablet interface, which will compete with Android, iOS and Windows with its own take on multitasking and advanced security features. The launch is the next step in Canonical's quest to unify phones, tablets, PCs an...
Nvidia hopes to power sub-$200 smartphones and tablets under $300 with its latest Tegra 4i processor, which is also the company's first chip with an integrated LTE modem.
Best known as the chip provider for OLPC's computing products, Marvell is now seeking to expand its footprint in the mobile device market with a new low-power chip designed for low-cost smartphones and tablets.
While first day sales for Microsoft's Surface RT tablet attracted a long line in Beijing back in October, demand for the device in China has been low, as shipments reached only 30,000 units during the fourth quarter, according to research firm IDC.
German supermarket chain Aldi will sell a 3G-capable, dual-core Android tablet running Google's Jelly Bean software in Australia for $249, but has once again warned consumers that stocks are likely to be limited.
Apple and Vodafone have secured a deal with the New Zealand Police to provide 6,000 police officers with iPhones and 3,900 of those officers with iPads.
As we wrote last week, Apple's rights to the iPhone trademark in Brazil was hanging in the balance, in the latest twist, Brazilian regulators have ruled the company doesn't have the exclusive rights to the name in the country.
Although Microsoft likes to say the Surface Windows 8 Pro is a full-blown PC, it's not nearly as repairable as a typical laptop.
Apple has won a new patent covering "microslot antenna" technology that could enable the next iPhone, iPad or MacBook to be thinner, or could leave more space within the device's housing for internal components. The technology could also allow Apple ...
Apple's iPad certainly has a whole variety of uses. One of the coolest we've come across specifically is iPad mini being professionally installed into a car dashboard.
Apple has been blamed for the potentially dangerous flaws found in the FireReady bushfire information iOS app.
Friends of the Earth is accusing Apple and Samsung of "trashing tropical forests and coral reefs in Indonesia" due to the use of tin in the iPhone and iPad.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- Warning: The new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance PC ports are a disastrous mess
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW