Aggressive sales of smaller tablets triggered a revised tablet sales forecast today by IDC, which upped its projections by 11 per cent for 2013 and said Android would supplant Apple's iOS as the dominant operating system this year.
A former Apple employee has revealed images of what he claims is one of the earliest iPhone prototypes.
While visiting what might otherwise be called respectable websites, you may have seen writers put forth the idea that "phablets" are eating Apple's lunch.
Apple and Samsung could both be planning to introduce wireless charging to their smartphones this year, with the iPhone 6 and Galaxy S4 both expected to adopt the technology, according to reports.
Apple's iOS tops Android in-flight, among businesses, but American Airlines buys 17,000 Samsung Galaxy devices
New research has found that Apple's iPad and iPhone are more popular than Android smartphones and tablets for in-flight use and among businesses, but American Airlines has opted to give its 17,000 flight attendants Samsung Galaxy Notes rather than iO...
The cheek of it! Samsung and Microsoft have both tried to patent Apple's pinch-to-zoom. Apple filed the patent for the technology back in 2007.
Marvel Comics was an innovator when it launched its Digital Comics Unlimited subscription service in 2007. But sometimes being an innovator can burn: The company built that initiative on top of Adobe Flash just as the iPhone arrived on the scene and ...
The iPhone has become a popular target for thieves, so we’ve put together a guide to help you locate a lost device and ensure your data is kept away from prying eyes
Rovio has made its popular Angry Birds game free for the first time, with the original iOS versions for iPhone and iPad now available to download for no cost from Apple's App Store.
iPhone chip round up: Apple's low-cost iPhone to use Qualcomm's Snapdragon mobile system on a chip; Intel could produce chips for Apple, but Apple already designing products based on TSMCs 20-nanometer specifications; Apple hires for chip R&D in Isra...
The growing use of handheld devices and social media among students is creating a technology tipping point for schools that could completely break down the barriers between teaching platforms within five to 10 years, Bill Gates said Thursday.
Apple doesn't do trade shows these days, not even the world's largest mobile trade show. But that's no reason to overlook last week's Mobile World Congress. Apple may not have joined other smartphone and tablet makers in Barcelona, but the iOS platfo...
Windows RT, Microsoft's first tablet-focused operating system, is not proving to be a hit in Europe. Actually, demand on the old continent is so weak that Samsung will reportedly stop sales of its Windows RT tablet in Germany.
Acer's DA220HQL looks like a giant Android tablet, with its 1920 x 1080 pixel, 21.5-inch touch screen -- but you wouldn't want to carry it around.
iPhone 6 rumours: 'iPhone 5S' and low-cost plastic and fibreglass iPhone to be unveiled in June, says analyst
KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has predicted that Apple will unveil a new iPhone and a low-cost model of the smartphone in June before they hit the shelves in July.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Epson FastFoto FF-640 review: Quick, convenient photo scans don’t come cheap
- EZVIZ Husky review: This weatherproof camera gives you an eye on the outside of your home
- Reality check: How Windows 10's new privacy controls stack up
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTDeveloper - Java, Mule ESBNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTProduction control - batch schedulingNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerSA
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW