Microsoft will start shipping Windows 10 on July 29 for PCs and tablets. The upgrade includes the Cortana digital assistant, a whole host of new apps and the return of the start menu.
Global PC shipments will decline for the fourth consecutive year as people continue re-directing money towards smartphones and tablets.
Lenovo will be one of the first to offer a Windows 10 tablet, with a new ThinkPad device that's slated to arrive in August.
An initiative between Apple, IBM and Japan Post Holdings could put iPads in the hands of up to 5 million members of Japan's elderly population.
Some American Airlines passengers faced lengthy flight delays on Tuesday after a fault in the iPad navigation app used by the carriers' pilots and co-pilots caused the tablets to crash.
HP's Spectre x360 is a flagship consumer product that shows off plenty of style and a rigid build quality. A couple of strong hinges allow the laptop to be used in the display, tent, and tablet modes that we've all grown to love. (Well, some of us, m...
Acer's new Aspire Switch 10 seems like just another low-cost Windows tablet, but its detachable keyboard dock turns the device into a shape-shifter that can stand in multiple angles.
The handwriting experience on Lenovo’s Windows-based tablets has gotten a boost for the better, with the company releasing an application called WRITEit, which can allow a user to perform handwriting input in almost any scenario.
The Los Angeles Unified School District is seeking a multimillion dollar refund from Apple over a failed project to provide 650,000 students with iPads they could use at home.
With the upcoming Surface 3, Microsoft is ending experimentation and bringing back hardware and OS consistency across its line of tablets, hoping that consumers and businesses will find a lot to like.
Dell is looking ahead to Windows 10 and planning to release a tablet with the OS and other new technologies in September or October.
Last year, Intel convinced small, little-known Chinese tablet makers to use its chips instead of only ARM's. Now it wants those companies to churn out PCs, potentially upsetting a market that has been dominated by Taiwanese manufacturers.
Dell has added the Venue 10 7000 to its tablet line-up, a relatively high end device that boasts a crisp OLED screen and a 3D camera - with a price tag to match.
Intel plans to cut the fat from its RealSense 3D camera so that it can fit the device on a smartphone.
A new generation of low-cost Chromebooks are on the way, running the Intel Braswell chips that are expected to debut later this week.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCUNISON Analyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA