We’ve collected several tips for Microsoft’s popular tablet computer.
Microsoft has extended the Surface family of hardware devices with the largest darned touch tablet you’ve ever seen.
If you're not using widgets, you're simply not realizing the true value of your Android smartphone or tablet. CIO.com's Al Sacco shares a collection of his favorite widgets, all free and all very much worth a download.
Gartner claims tablets will represent only 9.5 per cent of total worldwide sales of devices in 2014, with growth slowing from 55 per cent year-over-year (YoY) in 2013 to 11 per cent this year.
The newest addition to Acer’s 2-in-1 range comes in the form of a run-of-the-mill Windows 8.1 hybrid tablet with detachable keyboard, the third-generation Aspire Switch 10, which is targeted at education and business.
Amazon has launched the latest iteration in its Kindle range, the Fire HD.
If you've been itching to get your hands on an inexpensive tablet that runs Windows 8.1, then check out your local Target store on September 25. That's when a little Intel-based tablet with the brand name of Pendo goes on sale.
SBS broke a number of its streaming service records by going all out with its Web and mobile video coverage of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Dick Smith has entered the direct post-paid mobile market through a new partnership with Vodafone, and has confirmed it is holding talks with both Telstra and Optus.
MSI showcased a wide range of products at the Computex trade-show this year, but only a select few products will be released in Australia due to the intense competition characterising the local mobility market.
Newest Microsoft Surface device built as both a tablet and an enterprise desktop replacement
Optus has partnered with Google to integrate a direct carrier billing model within the Google Play store.
Microsoft-owned Nokia will finally sell its first tablet in Australia. The company's Lumia 2520 is a 10.1in tablet that runs Windows RT 8.1.
Foxtel’s Play is now available on Sony’s new gaming console, the PlayStation 4, with the move dramatically expanding the variety of local content Australian PlayStation fans will be able to access.
Sony's latest tablet has the competition against the ropes. It is faster, lighter, tougher and prettier than most. But that doesn't make it perfect.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC