A few years ago businesspeople carried a laptop on the road, used a desktop PC in the office, and worked on another PC at home. Maybe they had a BlackBerry, too--but only if they were real big shots.
The tech world was rocked earlier this week when Google announced its purchase of Motorola Mobility, but that was nothing compared with HP's bombshell. HP announced in one fell swoop that it is abandoning both the PC and mobile device markets. PCs wi...
Tablets, netbooks, smartphones--these days, you can't buy a microwave without being upsold on the touchscreen, app-store model. But when you're picking out your preferred mobile tech for work (or even for play), you can't rely on a features chart or ...
HTC has posted a new promotional video for its upcoming Android tablet, which will either be named the Flyer--its moniker in the video--or the smartphone-like Evo View 4G when it arrives this summer.
The BlackBerry PlayBook is available for pre-order, and will be on the street in a matter of weeks. I am not sure the RIM tablet will see much consumer success, but then consumers have never been RIM's primary market. Consumer tablets aside, the Play...
Odds are, if you ask anyone waiting in line for an iPad 2, they'll list plenty of reasons why they're lusting after Apple's latest camera(s)-equipped tablet.
All eyes are on the Motorola Xoom tablet, and for good reason: It's the first device in an expected multitude to ship with Google's tablet-optimized Android 3.0 (Honeycomb). The Xoom has a lot of features to like, and a lot to set it apart from the e...
To buy or not to buy? That's the question right now as the Motorola Xoom, Google's first Android Honeycomb tablet, gets ready to make its grand debut.
It may seem like 2010 was the year of the tablet, but the reality is that 2010 was really just the year of the iPad with 15 million units sold and no real competitors for the Apple tablet. However, 2011 will be very different with a diverse variety o...
The leaked details on HP and Palm's WebOS tablet keep on coming, though HP has said we haven't seen everything yet.
So long, netbooks.
With so much chatter about tablets this year, you might think that the handheld, rectangular devices being unveiled represent a significant innovation. The reality is that so much of what we're seeing is not a whole lot different than what we saw in ...
As technology evolves, many of the barriers that have traditionally limited telecommuting continue to disappear.
Last week's CES brought forward a huge number of tablets. It doesn't take a genius to realize we're entering the era of tablet computing. Either that or there will soon be a lot of red-faced manufacturers. (Don't laugh; it happens regularly in the wo...
At CES 2011 today, Asus announced three new Android tablets and a Windows 7 based slate PC. The tablets, all Android-based, go by the moniker "Eee Pad" while the Windows 7 device is called an "Eee Slate." Each one offers some unique features, from st...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW