French telecommunications company Iliad has dropped its bid for a majority stake in T-Mobile US after an improved offer was rejected by the U.S. carriers' majority owner Deutsche Telekom.
The tables could turn by the end of this year in the drama of the U.S. mobile underdogs, with T-Mobile possibly passing Sprint to become the third-largest carrier in the country.
French carrier Iliad's surprise unsolicited bid for T-Mobile US may be good news for everyone but Sprint.
French mobile operator Iliad has offered to buy T-Mobile US, the fourth-largest U.S. cellular carrier, in a bid that could complicated an offer reportedly in the works at Sprint.
T-Mobile's CEO John Legere said Thursday he was disappointed with BlackBerry's decision this week to split with the carrier, and offered credits to hold on to dedicated BlackBerry users among its customers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
- YouTube's top trending videos for 2016
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramNSW
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Test Manager - Defence ProjectVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCDeveloper - Tag managementNSW
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCField Engineer - Hardware DecommissionNSW
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCSSIS DeveloperNSW