Network-attached storage (NAS) manufacturer Synology fixed several vulnerabilities in its devices' software, one of which could allow attackers to compromise the data stored on them.
Over 100,000 devices have a misconfigured service called multicast DNS that accepts requests from the Internet and can potentially be abused to amplify distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
A hacker exploited publicly known vulnerabilities to install malware on network-attached storage systems manufactured by Synology and used their computing power to generate Dogecoins, a type of cryptocurrency.
Synology has released a new 4-bay network-attached storage device. The Synology DiskStation DS411slim NAS device can fit up to four 2.5in hard drives, for a maximum storage capacity of 4TB.
Synology today launched the RackStation RS411, a rack-mountable, network-attached storage (NAS) device designed for businesses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTChief Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - IT Solutions - GovernmentNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Identity Access ManagementACT
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Data AnalystVIC
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- FTPega DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure & Network Program Manager -Government BackgroundNSW
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCInfrastructure Solution Architect - Banking/Financial Services - Immediate StartNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- FTSystem Engineer l Applications & SOE PackagersNSW
- CCProject AdministratorVIC
- CCAX Functional SupportQLD
- TPSenior IT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical SpecialistVIC
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW