Network-attached storage (NAS) manufacturer Synology fixed several vulnerabilities in its devices' software, one of which could allow attackers to compromise the data stored on them.
Over 100,000 devices have a misconfigured service called multicast DNS that accepts requests from the Internet and can potentially be abused to amplify distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
A hacker exploited publicly known vulnerabilities to install malware on network-attached storage systems manufactured by Synology and used their computing power to generate Dogecoins, a type of cryptocurrency.
Synology has released a new 4-bay network-attached storage device. The Synology DiskStation DS411slim NAS device can fit up to four 2.5in hard drives, for a maximum storage capacity of 4TB.
Synology today launched the RackStation RS411, a rack-mountable, network-attached storage (NAS) device designed for businesses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC