Nokia wants to "re-enter" the U.S. market and is developing smartphones for U.S. consumers, but the phone maker won't be building more CDMA-based phones, which run on half the nation's wireless networks, Nokia's global head of sales said Tuesday.
ARM announced its next-generation processor, the Cortex A15. Just days after Samsung revealed plans for a dual-core Cortex A9, the 2.5Ghz quad-core A15 steals the thunder and ups the ante for mobile computing power.
Here's more evidence of Android's meteoritic rise to the top. According to market researcher Gartner, Google's fledgling open-source mobile operating system, barely a blip on the wireless radar a year ago, will grab the No. 2 spot in global market s...
The Android will edge out Research In Motion's BlackBerry and Apple's iOS for all of 2010 to become the second best-selling mobile operating system globally behind Nokia's Symbian, according to market research firm Gartner.
The news seems to be all Android, all the time these days, and various analysts have recently revealed predictions that Android will soon be the leading mobile platform. Despite the popularity of the Android platform, though, there are some critical ...
Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS will regain some of the smartphone market share it has lost recently - but will still be in last place in 2014, according to research firm IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker.
A hosted application for securing shared corporate documents is being extended to handheld devices. With WatchDox, mobile users can view and even selected documents, but be prevented from saving, printing, or forwarding them, if desired.
With gloomy talk of ever-evolving security threats on the Internet, Intel announced that it's acquiring the antivirus software vendor McAfee.
Microsoft is developing a "view engine" for its ASP.Net Web development platform, optimized around HTML generation via a code-focused templating approach, a Microsoft official said in a blog post.
Nokia and Microsoft on Wednesday announced the availability of Microsoft Communicator Mobile for Nokia, a unified communications client for Nokia's Eseries smartphones. The software is the first result of the partnership they announced in August last...
Nokia on Tuesday announced that the N8, its first smartphone based on the Symbian 3 OS, will be out in the third quarter.
In a move that will have telcos around the world squirming uncomfortably, Nokia and Skype today announced the availability of the well known Internet telephony program for the Symbian operating system.
Cisco Systems will soon release a VPN client for smartphones and PCs aimed at enterprise administrators who want to provide secure access to their networks and ward off malicious software.
Android and Apple's iPhone OS were the fastest-growing smartphone platforms in 2009, with sales of the iPhone OS overtaking those of Windows Mobile, research company Gartner said Tuesday. Symbian and Research In Motion's BlackBerry still lead the mar...
Sony Ericsson on Sunday introduced three new phones at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCTechnical BI Business Analyst- Informatica, Oracle OBIEENSW
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW