Both Qualcomm and ST-Ericsson are demonstrating at Mobile World Congress concept smartphones that can connect to and play HD content on TVs.
Symbian has completed the process of open sourcing its entire code base, in advance of its June deadline.
Symbian Foundation, responsible for development of the Symbian mobile OS, is readying its Symbian^3 and Symbian^4 versions of the platform, with version 3 likely to be feature-complete next month, a Symbian blogger said this week.
Nokia is upping the ante against rivals such as Apple and Google with its preview of the upcoming iteration of Symbian OS (V3) for touchscreen devices. The upgraded mobile operating system is expected sometime next year, together with a bunch of new ...
The Symbian Foundation plans to launch a publishing platform later this year aimed at helping developers to get their programs into mobile application stores.
Nokia's Symbian is the world's most popular mobile operating system according to the latest Gartner research. Despite the rise of the iPhone and Android platforms, Symbian still accounts for almost 47 per cent of smartphone sales in the world.
Unlike the iPhone and products based on Google's Android OS, Symbian's user interface hasn't been developed for smartphones with touchscreens. But that is about to change, said Lee Williams, executive director at the Symbian Foundation, who along wit...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCTest AnalystACT