A worm-like type of malicious software has been found targeting Apache Tomcat, an open-source Web server application, according to Symantec.
Attackers are actively exploiting a known vulnerability to compromise JBoss Java EE application servers that expose the HTTP Invoker service to the Internet in an insecure manner.
A malicious software program found in ATMs in Mexico has been improved and translated into English, which suggests it may be used elsewhere, according to security vendor Symantec.
The cybercriminals behind ZeroAccess, one of the largest botnets in existence, have lost access to more than a quarter of the infected machines they controlled because of an operation executed by security researchers from Symantec.
Apple, Microsoft, Google and Cisco are flush with cash, and so are many other tech companies
Microsoft released two optional security updates Tuesday to block digital certificates that use the MD5 hashing algorithm and to improve the network-level authentication for the Remote Desktop Protocol.
A steady stream of questionable applications is flowing daily into Google's Play store for Android devices, according to security vendor Symantec.
Hackers are now using a critical vulnerability in Android to modify legitimate smartphone applications, putting users at risk of being spied on.
Google fixed one Wi-Fi security problem with its wearable computer Glass, but Symantec says there's another problem, which has been a long-known weakness in wireless networking.
A new piece of malware designed to delete files from hard disk drives and render computers unable to boot targets South Korean users, according to researchers from security firm Symantec.
One well-known gang of hackers contributed to cyberattacks on South Korea on Tuesday, which coincided with the 63rd anniversary of the start of the Korean War, according to analysis from Symantec.
Symantec today said the updated version of its Data Loss Prevention (DLP) suite will be able to monitor confidential data sent by e-mail via Apple iPhones and iPads.
Trusting the cloud to handle sensitive transactions and security services isn't for every enterprise, but organisations from banks to app developers are starting to give it a try.
We all know that relying on a simple user ID and password combination is fraught with peril. One alternative is to use one of the single sign-on solutions we reviewed last year, but there are less expensive options that could also be easier to instal...
Previously unknown Mac OS X spyware, signed with a valid Apple Developer ID, has turned up on the laptop of an activist from Angola at a human rights conference in Norway.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop that lets casual gamers get reckless
- Newegg has lowered the price of HP's Stream 11 Pro G2 to $180
- Acer's Predator X27 G-Sync HDR monitor is infused with every feature you could ask for
- How to find the Windows 10 Creators Update's hidden desktop themes
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- FTOperations OrchestrationVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTChange Management LeadNSW
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD