Customers of storage and networking equipment manufacturer Buffalo who downloaded certain files from the company's website in Japan last week might have had their computers infected with an online banking Trojan.
An Adobe Flash player vulnerability is being used in attacks on a massive scale against Web users, mostly in Japan, to collect online banking details, according to new research from Symantec.
Symantec said Wednesday it closed a deal last week to acquire NitroDesk, which makes security and management applications for mobile devices.
Despite a leak of its source code, an Android program aimed at compromising online bank accounts is still commanding US$5,000 per copy, one of the highest prices seen for a type of malware, according to research from Symantec.
Symantec's latest product, Norton Small Business, is perhaps the most well-rounded offering the company has inserted into its product array for small companies.
Law enforcement agencies from 16 countries on three continents last week arrested 97 people after executing raids targeting those suspected of creating, buying and using a notorious Trojan program called BlackShades.
Further investigation into an exploit kit known as "Elderwood" shows the attackers using it are more numerous and possibly better funded than previously thought, according to new research from Symantec.
The sole target detected by Symantec of attacks using a recent Internet Explorer vulnerability was the website of the Japan Basketball Association, whose chairman is a high-ranking Japanese government official.
Symantec has seen another round of a ham-fisted but surprisingly successful attack that targets Facebook users hoping to break into their friends' accounts.
A cybercriminal operation that combines phone-based social engineering attacks with spear phishing and malware to steal money from organizations has resurfaced this year, finding victims in French-speaking countries in particular.
Website and server administrators will have to spend considerable time, effort and money to mitigate all the security risks associated with Heartbleed, one of the most severe vulnerabilities to endanger encrypted SSL communications in recent years.
Jose Vildoza's 62-year-old father was using his old Windows computer when a warning in broken English flashed on the screen: your files have been encrypted.
Cybercriminals have been developing increasingly sophisticated malware that make use of Windows PowerShell scripts in an attempt to fly under the radar.
A malicious software program that encrypts a person's files until a ransom is paid has a crucial error: it leaves the decryption key on the victim's computer.
A group of enterprising cybercriminals have figured out how to get cash from a certain type of ATM -- by text message.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- All new Chromebooks will get Android app support
- The Asus Tinker Board is a powerful Raspberry Pi rival that plays 4K video
- Torment: Tides of Numenera preview: This is the bizarre follow-up Planescape deserves
- Moving Steam games to a different folder or hard drive is finally easy
- PC World Test rig 2017
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Applications Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW