An Adobe Flash player vulnerability is being used in attacks on a massive scale against Web users, mostly in Japan, to collect online banking details, according to new research from Symantec.
Symantec said Wednesday it closed a deal last week to acquire NitroDesk, which makes security and management applications for mobile devices.
Despite a leak of its source code, an Android program aimed at compromising online bank accounts is still commanding US$5,000 per copy, one of the highest prices seen for a type of malware, according to research from Symantec.
Symantec's latest product, Norton Small Business, is perhaps the most well-rounded offering the company has inserted into its product array for small companies.
Law enforcement agencies from 16 countries on three continents last week arrested 97 people after executing raids targeting those suspected of creating, buying and using a notorious Trojan program called BlackShades.
Further investigation into an exploit kit known as "Elderwood" shows the attackers using it are more numerous and possibly better funded than previously thought, according to new research from Symantec.
The sole target detected by Symantec of attacks using a recent Internet Explorer vulnerability was the website of the Japan Basketball Association, whose chairman is a high-ranking Japanese government official.
Symantec has seen another round of a ham-fisted but surprisingly successful attack that targets Facebook users hoping to break into their friends' accounts.
A cybercriminal operation that combines phone-based social engineering attacks with spear phishing and malware to steal money from organizations has resurfaced this year, finding victims in French-speaking countries in particular.
Website and server administrators will have to spend considerable time, effort and money to mitigate all the security risks associated with Heartbleed, one of the most severe vulnerabilities to endanger encrypted SSL communications in recent years.
Jose Vildoza's 62-year-old father was using his old Windows computer when a warning in broken English flashed on the screen: your files have been encrypted.
Cybercriminals have been developing increasingly sophisticated malware that make use of Windows PowerShell scripts in an attempt to fly under the radar.
A malicious software program that encrypts a person's files until a ransom is paid has a crucial error: it leaves the decryption key on the victim's computer.
A group of enterprising cybercriminals have figured out how to get cash from a certain type of ATM -- by text message.
A vulnerability in Android that was publicly disclosed in mid-March could be exploited by malicious applications to force devices into an endless reboot loop, according to security researchers from Trend Micro.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- 45 per cent of Australians do not recycle e-waste: TechCollect
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW