Customers of storage and networking equipment manufacturer Buffalo who downloaded certain files from the company's website in Japan last week might have had their computers infected with an online banking Trojan.
An Adobe Flash player vulnerability is being used in attacks on a massive scale against Web users, mostly in Japan, to collect online banking details, according to new research from Symantec.
Symantec said Wednesday it closed a deal last week to acquire NitroDesk, which makes security and management applications for mobile devices.
Despite a leak of its source code, an Android program aimed at compromising online bank accounts is still commanding US$5,000 per copy, one of the highest prices seen for a type of malware, according to research from Symantec.
Symantec's latest product, Norton Small Business, is perhaps the most well-rounded offering the company has inserted into its product array for small companies.
Law enforcement agencies from 16 countries on three continents last week arrested 97 people after executing raids targeting those suspected of creating, buying and using a notorious Trojan program called BlackShades.
Further investigation into an exploit kit known as "Elderwood" shows the attackers using it are more numerous and possibly better funded than previously thought, according to new research from Symantec.
The sole target detected by Symantec of attacks using a recent Internet Explorer vulnerability was the website of the Japan Basketball Association, whose chairman is a high-ranking Japanese government official.
Symantec has seen another round of a ham-fisted but surprisingly successful attack that targets Facebook users hoping to break into their friends' accounts.
A cybercriminal operation that combines phone-based social engineering attacks with spear phishing and malware to steal money from organizations has resurfaced this year, finding victims in French-speaking countries in particular.
Website and server administrators will have to spend considerable time, effort and money to mitigate all the security risks associated with Heartbleed, one of the most severe vulnerabilities to endanger encrypted SSL communications in recent years.
Jose Vildoza's 62-year-old father was using his old Windows computer when a warning in broken English flashed on the screen: your files have been encrypted.
Cybercriminals have been developing increasingly sophisticated malware that make use of Windows PowerShell scripts in an attempt to fly under the radar.
A malicious software program that encrypts a person's files until a ransom is paid has a crucial error: it leaves the decryption key on the victim's computer.
A group of enterprising cybercriminals have figured out how to get cash from a certain type of ATM -- by text message.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 11 Easy tips to keep yourself and your children safe online
- The Division review
- Need for Speed PC Review
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCApplication DevelopersQLD
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- CCLead Business Analyst - multiple rolesVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC