A leaked programming manual for interacting with the physical components of automated teller machines might have helped attackers create malware programs that were used to steal cash from ATMs in various parts of the world this year.
Taking a cue from Hewlett-Packard and eBay, Symantec is said to be in talks to carve out the company into two entities.
Computer security company Symantec is making its interim CEO its permanent CEO.
The hackers behind the Kelihos botnet are trying to capitalize on users' increased awareness about the security of Apple online accounts through a new phishing campaign.
Cybercriminals are using a new information-stealing malware program to target companies from the automobile industry in Europe, security researchers warned.
Symantec will consolidate its cluttered Norton line of security software, folding nine products into one online service that can be used across desktop computers and mobile devices.
Many malicious software programs used to make a quick exit on virtual machines, a tactic designed to avoid a security check. But that isn't the case anymore, according Symantec research.
Symantec has released a patch for privilege escalation flaws in its Endpoint Protection product, and the company which found the issues released the exploit code on Tuesday.
Symantec and Kaspersky Lab are both denying that China has banned their products, amid media reports that the country is shutting out foreign security vendors from selling to government agencies.
A new program that encrypts files to extort money from users highlights that attackers don't need advanced programming skills to create dangerous and effective ransomware threats, especially when strong encryption technology is freely available.
A zero-day flaw in a software driver in Symantec's widely used Endpoint Protection product may be tricky to fix.
It's generally accepted that antivirus programs provide a necessary protection layer, but organizations should audit such products before deploying them on their systems because many of them contain serious vulnerabilities, a researcher warned.
Symantec's Endpoint Protection product has three zero-day flaws that could allow a logged-in user to move to a higher access level on a computer, according to a penetration testing and training company.
Attackers injected malicious code into Dailymotion.com, a popular video sharing website, and redirected visitors to Web-based exploits that installed malware.
Eastern European-based attackers gained access to the networks of energy providers by tampering with software updates for industrial control systems, gaining a foothold that could be used for sabotage, Symantec said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Report: Apple Car launch date slips back a year to 2021
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
- Apple will release Olympic-themed Apple Watch bands, but only in Brazil
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC