European law enforcement agencies seized command-and-control servers used by Ramnit, a malware program that steals online banking credentials, FTP passwords, session cookies and personal files from victims.
As HP reports numbers, questions will be on its split ... GOPers on FCC want to delay net neutrality vote ... Google deals for Softcard ... and more tech news.
A peer-to-peer botnet called ZeroAccess came out of a six-month hibernation this month after having survived two takedown attempts by law enforcement and security researchers.
Website owners take notice: In weeks, Mozilla products including its popular Firefox browser will stop trusting an unknown number of SSL certificates that were issued using old root CA certificates with 1024-bit RSA keys.
Keylogging malware that may have been used by the NSA shares signficant portions of code with a component of Regin, a sophisticated platform that has been used to spy on businesses, government institutions and private individuals for years.
A malware program with data wiping functionality that was recently used to attack Sony Pictures Entertainment bears technical similarities to destructive malware that affected organizations in South Korea and the Middle East in the past.
After Symantec blew the lid on Regin on Sunday, computer security experts and companies are revealing information that has lead to suspicions that the U.S. and U.K. are involved.
Malware that Symantec says was probably developed by a nation state may have been used for as long as eight years, a length of time that underscores the challenges the security industry faces in detecting advanced spying tools.
Symantec researchers have identified a particularly sophisticated piece of malware, called "Regin" that was likely developed by a nation state and has been used to spy on governments, infrastructure operators, businesses, researchers and individuals ...
For the first time since Stuxnet was discovered in 2010, researchers have publicly named the worm's original victims: five Iranian companies involved in industrial automation.
A coalition of security vendors has disrupted the activities of a sophisticated group of attackers tied to China that, over the past six years, infiltrated the computers of many Fortune 500 companies, journalists, environmental groups, software compa...
A type of distributed denial-of-service attack, DNS amplification, has risen sharply, according to new research from Symantec.
Dropbox's file storage service was used for a tricky phishing attack, although the service was quick to shut down it down, according to Symantec.
A group of security companies say a collaborative effort has helped counter several hacking tools used by a China-based group most known for provoking strong condemnation from Google four years ago.
Security vendor Symantec is splitting into two companies, with one focused on security and the other on information management.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCSenior Embedded Software EngineerWA
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT