SAP has signed a long-term licensing deal with Intellectual Ventures that will grant it access to IV's patent portfolio, the companies announced Thursday.
The infamous Rustock botnet, responsible for almost half of all spam sent last year through its command-and-control system exploiting over a million compromised PCs, has suddenly slowed to a crawl, Symantec said today, noting the unexplained event ha...
Symantec's Norton unit today announced an updated version of its Norton Utilities software, adding a way to defragment and organize files and data that's become scattered across a hard drive, enabling quicker startup, file access and more free disk s...
Intellectual Ventures, a patent portfolio developer and broker started by former Microsoft CTO Nathan Myhrvold, has filed patent lawsuits against nine tech companies, including Symantec, McAfee and Hynix Semiconductor.
Companies are showing little interest in expanding their interest in network access control even though many are interested in such technology.
Norton Antivirus has been a strong performer in recent years, and this year is no exception. Norton Antivirus 2011 ($US40 for a one-year, single-PC license as of 11/23/2010) comes in first in our roundup of 2011 paid antivirus products. It does a ver...
The appearance of the Stuxnet worm in June should serve as a wake-up call to governments and businesses, especially those relying on Internet-based industrial control systems, a group of cybersecurity experts told U.S. lawmakers Wednesday.
A survey of more than 900 IT managers shows that adoption of encryption in their organizations is being driven by two main factors, anxiety about possible cyberattacks and the need to meet the payment-card industry (PCI) data security standards.
Data security laws are now the main reason US companies take up encryption, for the first time surpassing even anxiety over data breaches, a new report by the Ponemon Institute on behalf of Symantec has found.
When the zero-day attack known as the "Here You Have" virus not long ago hit about 500 PCs at the Salt River Project, a large public power utility and water supplier for Arizona, it turned out that the antivirus software in use provided no defense.
Internet Explorer is under attack again. Microsoft has issued a security advisory explaining a newly-discovered exploit impacting most versions of the Internet Explorer Web browser. The security advisory contains details about the threat, as well as ...
One of the first places people often turn to when searching for antivirus protection for their new computer is Symantec's Norton suite of security tools. The company is now looking to extend that protection beyond the PC to your mobile phone through ...
A new variant of the Koobface worm that targets Mac OS X and Linux as well as Windows is spreading through Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, security researchers warned today.
Symantec has been forced to write off US$10 million in revenue after a glitch in its sales system prevented some consumers from activating their Norton antivirus software at the time they bought it.
Targeted attacks via fraudulent and dangerous e-mail are on the rise, according to a Symantec report published today. These attacks are typically aimed at corporative executives, to fool them into opening malicious attachments or links so the perpetr...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
- Here’s how Photoshop will work with the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb LB130 review: An inexpensive color option
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCSenior Android Developer (6 month contract)NSW
- CCSr. Solutions Architect- Agile, (Transformation or Relocation )NSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - IPVPN Edge and Internet EdgeVIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceNSW
- FTTechnical Writer / Instructional Designer - 3 mth contact - ASAP StartNSW
- FTSystems SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 161103/AP/581Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW
- CCTest Engineer - BankingQLD
- CCOffice 365 SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia