The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation warned computer users Tuesday that messages claiming to include photos and videos of Osama bin Laden's death actually contain a virus that could steal personal information.
Hackers today stepped up their use of Osama Bin Laden's death by shoving malware into PCs when users fall for phony claims of photographs and video, security researchers said today.
Without a sample of the new worm that an Iranian official says attacked the country's computers, it's impossible to verify his claims, a security research said Monday.
A Michigan woman pleaded guilty Wednesday to a charge related to selling more than US$400,000 worth of counterfeit software on a website, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Android users face a new threat, a rogue app that tells all their friends they pirated the program, a Symantec security manager said today.
There's hacking, then there's hacktivism. There's malware, then there's Android Trojans like the latest "threat" discovered by Symantec. Android.Walkinwat is like the Batman of mobile malware -- a rogue vigilante seeking justice through means that al...
Data breaches cost UK businesses more than ever last year, with most of the financial hit resulting from lost business in the aftermath of an incident, a Ponemon Institute survey for Symantec has found.
It's no secret that the goal of modern malware writers is to create attack software that is stealthy and flows undetected for as long a period of time as possible. What's increasingly startling, however, is how pervasive custom malware has become as ...
Symantec plans to release a full refresh of its Storage Foundation and Veritas Operations Manager software, which will include features allowing end-to-end management of private cloud infrastrutures.
If you feel you are a lost cause at setting up and operating the latest tablets and smartphones, you aren't alone.
Guess what today is? Yes, it is Fat Tuesday--the official kick off of Mardi Gras.
For only the second time, Google last weekend remotely deleted Android apps from users' phones.
The storage software market recorded its fifth successive quarter of year-on-year growth at the end of 2010 with all five of the top-ranked players increasing sales during the quarter, according to estimates published on Monday.
Google has pulled more than 50 malware-infected apps from its Android Market, but hasn't yet triggered automatic uninstalls of those programs from users' phones, security experts said today.
A rogue Android app that's been tweaked by hackers can hijack a smartphone and run up big texting bills before the owner knows it, Symantec said today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Process Specialist | ProcurementVIC
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Software & Hardware Support position.VIC
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW