SAP reported a 15 percent year-on-year rise in earnings for the second quarter, on revenue up 12 percent. It forecast that underlying revenue growth in its core business of software and software-related services will accelerate following completion o...
SAP said Friday that it has extended its US$5.8 billion bid for Sybase while it awaits approval under European merger regulations.
Both IBM and Sybase have updated their lines of analytics software, optimistic of the growing market for such tools.
Sybase will dramatically revamp and integrate its conglomeration of mobile software products, assuming software giant SAP, which is buying Sybase, doesn't have other ideas.
Contrary to the opinions of some analysts, US$5.8 billion is not too much for SAP to pay for mobile and database technology vendor Sybase, SAP co-CEO Bill McDermott said during a press conference at the Sapphire conference in Orlando on Monday.
Sybase users and partners are wondering how the company's technologies will fare under the pending ownership of SAP, but some of the answers are easier to come by than others.
SAP has announced it will buy mobile and database vendor Sybase for roughly $5.8 billion.
SAP is buying mobile and database vendor Sybase for roughly US$5.8 billion, the company announced Wednesday.
SAP is nearing a deal to buy mobile and database vendor Sybase for roughly US$6 billion, Bloomberg reported on Wednesday, citing two individuals with knowledge of the company's plans.
Enterprise software vendor Sybase plans to update its mobile device enterprise management software, called Afaria, so it can work with iPads as well as with devices running Google's Android OS, the company announced Tuesday.
The new version of Sybase's flagship database system software, released Wednesday, will be the first version that can be run entirely within working memory.
Sybase is extending its Afaria mobile-device management platform and database software to the Apple iPhone, taking advantage of new enterprise features in Version 3.1 of the iPhone's software to give IT departments more control and capabilities on th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC