SAP reported a 15 percent year-on-year rise in earnings for the second quarter, on revenue up 12 percent. It forecast that underlying revenue growth in its core business of software and software-related services will accelerate following completion o...
SAP said Friday that it has extended its US$5.8 billion bid for Sybase while it awaits approval under European merger regulations.
Both IBM and Sybase have updated their lines of analytics software, optimistic of the growing market for such tools.
Sybase will dramatically revamp and integrate its conglomeration of mobile software products, assuming software giant SAP, which is buying Sybase, doesn't have other ideas.
Contrary to the opinions of some analysts, US$5.8 billion is not too much for SAP to pay for mobile and database technology vendor Sybase, SAP co-CEO Bill McDermott said during a press conference at the Sapphire conference in Orlando on Monday.
Sybase users and partners are wondering how the company's technologies will fare under the pending ownership of SAP, but some of the answers are easier to come by than others.
SAP has announced it will buy mobile and database vendor Sybase for roughly $5.8 billion.
SAP is buying mobile and database vendor Sybase for roughly US$5.8 billion, the company announced Wednesday.
SAP is nearing a deal to buy mobile and database vendor Sybase for roughly US$6 billion, Bloomberg reported on Wednesday, citing two individuals with knowledge of the company's plans.
Enterprise software vendor Sybase plans to update its mobile device enterprise management software, called Afaria, so it can work with iPads as well as with devices running Google's Android OS, the company announced Tuesday.
The new version of Sybase's flagship database system software, released Wednesday, will be the first version that can be run entirely within working memory.
Sybase is extending its Afaria mobile-device management platform and database software to the Apple iPhone, taking advantage of new enterprise features in Version 3.1 of the iPhone's software to give IT departments more control and capabilities on th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- iPads and Apple TV aimed at transforming patient care
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC