SAP reported a 15 percent year-on-year rise in earnings for the second quarter, on revenue up 12 percent. It forecast that underlying revenue growth in its core business of software and software-related services will accelerate following completion o...
SAP said Friday that it has extended its US$5.8 billion bid for Sybase while it awaits approval under European merger regulations.
Both IBM and Sybase have updated their lines of analytics software, optimistic of the growing market for such tools.
Sybase will dramatically revamp and integrate its conglomeration of mobile software products, assuming software giant SAP, which is buying Sybase, doesn't have other ideas.
Contrary to the opinions of some analysts, US$5.8 billion is not too much for SAP to pay for mobile and database technology vendor Sybase, SAP co-CEO Bill McDermott said during a press conference at the Sapphire conference in Orlando on Monday.
Sybase users and partners are wondering how the company's technologies will fare under the pending ownership of SAP, but some of the answers are easier to come by than others.
SAP has announced it will buy mobile and database vendor Sybase for roughly $5.8 billion.
SAP is buying mobile and database vendor Sybase for roughly US$5.8 billion, the company announced Wednesday.
SAP is nearing a deal to buy mobile and database vendor Sybase for roughly US$6 billion, Bloomberg reported on Wednesday, citing two individuals with knowledge of the company's plans.
Enterprise software vendor Sybase plans to update its mobile device enterprise management software, called Afaria, so it can work with iPads as well as with devices running Google's Android OS, the company announced Tuesday.
The new version of Sybase's flagship database system software, released Wednesday, will be the first version that can be run entirely within working memory.
Sybase is extending its Afaria mobile-device management platform and database software to the Apple iPhone, taking advantage of new enterprise features in Version 3.1 of the iPhone's software to give IT departments more control and capabilities on th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC