Chipsets that power equipment capable of smoothly moving 4K video streams inside homes over wireless and wired networks were on display at the Computex trade show.
Cisco Systems is forging ahead with LAN switches designed to support faster Wi-Fi access points even while an Ethernet standard for the technology they use is still taking shape.
Chip maker Broadcom has announced a new specification along with software and APIs to improve the performance of OpenFlow switches and to make it easier for hardware vendors to build products.
The growing popularity of 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Ethernet in data centers helped propel the entire Ethernet switch market during the third quarter, according to IDC.
With its new-found focus on IP networking and fast broadband access, Alcatel-Lucent is poised to take advantage of a worldwide explosion in mobile devices and the rush of service providers and operators to the cloud, company executives said at the ne...
Facebook's head of network operations has great expectations for software defined networking (SDN), though he may not be relying on commercial hardware vendors to bring SDN to the social networking giant's own infrastructure.
Huawei Technologies is bringing its own "software-defined networking" switch globally in a bid to raise its profile and expand in a market dominated by Cisco.
With more than a billion monthly active users, it's easy to imagine that most of the data travelling over Facebook's networks is delivering photos, status updates and "likes" to its end users, but that's far from the case.
As part of the Open Compute Project (OCP), Facebook's network engineering team is leading a project to develop an open source networking switch.
If software-defined networking ultimately changes the landscape of networking, Intel could be one of the biggest beneficiaries -- and might be one of the reasons.
Hoping to extend Linux's reach to ARM-based networking equipment, the not-for-profit engineering group Linaro has launched an initiative to develop code to run routers, switches and other networking equipment.
Hewlett-Packard will allow enterprises to pay for managed LAN offerings based on usage, in much the same way they pay for cloud services, through a partnership with telecom service providers.
Mellanox Technologies has introduced a new set of switches, the MetroX TX6000 series, that can stretch an InfiniBand connection across different buildings.
In a project that has taken longer than company engineers anticipated, Google is rolling out IPv6 across its entire internal employee network.
HP this week said it has expanded a trade-in program for customers looking to swap out Cisco switches for HP gear.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.Net/Crystal Report) 160504/AP/vtdAsia
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD