Chipsets that power equipment capable of smoothly moving 4K video streams inside homes over wireless and wired networks were on display at the Computex trade show.
Cisco Systems is forging ahead with LAN switches designed to support faster Wi-Fi access points even while an Ethernet standard for the technology they use is still taking shape.
Chip maker Broadcom has announced a new specification along with software and APIs to improve the performance of OpenFlow switches and to make it easier for hardware vendors to build products.
The growing popularity of 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Ethernet in data centers helped propel the entire Ethernet switch market during the third quarter, according to IDC.
With its new-found focus on IP networking and fast broadband access, Alcatel-Lucent is poised to take advantage of a worldwide explosion in mobile devices and the rush of service providers and operators to the cloud, company executives said at the ne...
Facebook's head of network operations has great expectations for software defined networking (SDN), though he may not be relying on commercial hardware vendors to bring SDN to the social networking giant's own infrastructure.
Huawei Technologies is bringing its own "software-defined networking" switch globally in a bid to raise its profile and expand in a market dominated by Cisco.
With more than a billion monthly active users, it's easy to imagine that most of the data travelling over Facebook's networks is delivering photos, status updates and "likes" to its end users, but that's far from the case.
As part of the Open Compute Project (OCP), Facebook's network engineering team is leading a project to develop an open source networking switch.
If software-defined networking ultimately changes the landscape of networking, Intel could be one of the biggest beneficiaries -- and might be one of the reasons.
Hoping to extend Linux's reach to ARM-based networking equipment, the not-for-profit engineering group Linaro has launched an initiative to develop code to run routers, switches and other networking equipment.
Hewlett-Packard will allow enterprises to pay for managed LAN offerings based on usage, in much the same way they pay for cloud services, through a partnership with telecom service providers.
Mellanox Technologies has introduced a new set of switches, the MetroX TX6000 series, that can stretch an InfiniBand connection across different buildings.
In a project that has taken longer than company engineers anticipated, Google is rolling out IPv6 across its entire internal employee network.
HP this week said it has expanded a trade-in program for customers looking to swap out Cisco switches for HP gear.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA