Microsoft's new Surface Studio is the company's first ever desktop PC and is aimed directly at the creator market, just the kind of people who typically buy Apple Macs.
Microsoft unleashed a ton of Windows and Surface news on the world from New York on Wednesday, revealing new Windows features and brand new hardware. Here’s the run-down on the biggest news from the company’s two-hour-long presentation.
CIO.com's Sarah White compares two of today's top of the line tablets that are designed to replace your laptop. Do they fit the bill?
Surface Pro 4 vs. iPad Pro vs. Galaxy TabPro S vs. Pixel C: Fight!
Long-rumored Surface phones may not arrive until 2017 as Microsoft puts its phone plans on ice.
Grand opening celebrations for the first Microsoft Store in Australia take place today as its Surface Book, Pro 4 and Microsoft Band hit its minted store shelves.
Competition between Apple and Microsoft is intensifying as the two companies ready the release of flagship tablets in Australia ahead of the busy Christmas period.
Microsoft figured out how to put a discrete GPU into the Surface Book, and it does make a difference. We ran the benchmarks to find the truth.
Evolutionary changes have seen the Surface Pro 4 become one of the most powerful notebooks in a body that is altogether smaller.
“Windows share continues to improve as more models become available from traditional PC vendors, White Label vendors, and Microsoft itself..."
They were flat. Many had pens or touchscreens. And most of them died. Swipe back in time to see how tablets have evolved to the Surface, iPad, and Android slates we use today.
A firmware update for Microsoft's Surface Pro 2 appears to have drastically improved battery life, addressing one of the beefy tablet's biggest weak points.
Microsoft has erected a gigantic Surface in London's Trafalgar Square, with a roughly 383-inch display. Visitors can walk up to the oversized Surface and stomp on the attached jumbo keyboard to interact with apps.
Microsoft says the decision to drop the 'RT' branding from its second generation Surface tablet was a move made to address consumer confusion between the scaled down, tablet-optimised operating system and its regular Windows 8.1 OS.
Don't let all the talk about service synergies and sales teams fool you: Microsoft gobbled up Nokia to ensure Windows Phone's ongoing survival and bolster the "devices" portion of its newly refocused "devices and services" business.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedOther
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC