DisplayLink Inc. has disclosed plans to ship a chip that enables video to run in "SuperSpeed" USB 3.0 standard devices in the second half of 2010, which would allow its use in consumer products as early as next Christmas.
In spite of rumors that the first USB 3.0 products wouldn't surface until the 2010 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Buffalo Technology has beaten all comers to the punch by announcing today it was shipping its new DriveStation HD-HXU3 SuperSpe...
It seems every hard-drive manufacturer wants in on the USB 3.0 race. Digital product manufacturer Dane-Elec have announced a new line of external hard-drives that support the new faster USB 3.0 standard, claiming they will be the first company to rel...
The USB 3.0 race heated up Wednesday, as Buffalo made it known that its previously announced HD-HU3 range of hard drives will be the world's first SuperSpeed USB drives to make it to market when they ship in Japan later this month.
It seems as if we've been writing about USB 3.0 forever, but it has really been only about two years since Intel and other parties formed a promotional group for USB 3.0 in 2007. The spec was completed in November 2008, at which time the standard's b...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW