How technology is bringing out the best and the oh-so utterly worst in solar innovation
These tech giants had a valuable market locked down. Then they screwed up.
Later this year, Oracle will begin requiring people interested in gaining Java and Solaris certifications to attend "hands-on" training courses, at an additional cost of thousands of dollars.
Oracle's recent move to switch Sun Microsystems documentation to Oracle support infrastructure has some users up in arms, since the original links currently redirect to a general table of contents.
Just five days after a Google researcher published information of an unpatched Java bug, a compromised song lyrics site is sending users to a Russian attack server exploiting the flaw to install malware, an antivirus firm said today.
Recession has made companies more cost-sensitive and this has increased the popularity of solutions from HP, according to two separate research reports by Gabriel Consulting Group and Alinean Inc.
Orthodox server designs are receiving a face-lift with Intel's Nehalem-EX processor, with vendors implementing new memory features to boost application performance.
Oracle is dropping support for Sun Microsystems' Project Wonderland, a Java-based platform for developing 3-D virtual worlds, according to a Jan. 30 post on the project's official blog.
Small business has reason the cheer Oracle's acquisition of Sun, now that it appears OpenOffice.org and MySQL look to do well--perhaps better--under new ownership.
Oracle's plans for Java and the proposed Sun Cloud public computing platform became clearer Wednesday, with Oracle executives giving another big thumbs-up to Java but a thumbs-down to Sun Cloud.
The long-suffering Sun Microsystems has faced an especially tough nine months since Oracle announced plans to acquire the company, but failed to immediately close the deal. Customers have fled to rival companies such as IBM and HP, which stepped up m...
James Gosling, the father of the Java programming language, posted the image of a tombstone on his blog last week, an R.I.P., for Sun Microsystems. Before long. more than 800 employees, outside developers and others had posted comments.
Oracle will provide more details about its plans for Sun Microsystems at an event next Wednesday, the same day European regulators are expected to sign off on the deal.
French ERP (enterprise resource planning) vendor Nexedi made a public bid Monday to take over stewardship of the open-source MySQL database from Sun Microsystems, offering a symbolic €1 in return.
Oracle has provided new details about its plans for certain key Sun Microsystems technologies, including the GlassFish application server and the NetBeans application development toolkit.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW