Samsung Electronics regained the number one position in the smartphone market in the first quarter, but its market share dropped to 24 percent from 31 percent a year earlier, according to a research firm.
The huge popularity of the new iPhone 6 pushed Apple and Samsung closer than ever at the top of the market for smartphones, according to two companies that closely track shipments of the devices.
If you're using a smartphone as a hotspot, you aren't alone - sales of USB sticks and embedded PC modems are plummeting as a result of that use.
Just increasing the resolution to 3840 by 2160 pixels won't be enough to make consumers replace existing TVs with 4K models: Improvements such as higher frame rates and better color reproduction will be equally important, according to two industry ex...
Google's dominance of the smartphone market has reached new heights, with its Android operating system now accounting for a record 84.6 per cent share of global smartphone shipments, according to research by Strategy Analytics.
It's official, and it's been official for a while -- Android is far and away the most popular smartphone OS in America. Ever since January 2011, when the platform surpassed RIM to take the top spot for the first time in comScore's monthly market shar...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTBA/Technical Project Manager/Product ManagerQLD
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW