The MacBook Air has won over a large number of Apple laptop users. But in order to offer such extreme portability, the MacBook Air comes with a few tradeoffs. One of those tradeoffs is with the flash storage — it's fast, but it's expensive, and...
At DCA we regularly deal with people who come to us for data recovery. We have a pretty good track record at salvaging important files; however, in many instances of catastrophic damage to the hard drive, there is no means of recovery. This can leave...
FreeOTFE may sound like a political bumper sticker, but it stands for "Free On The Fly Encryption." The "Free" part is self-explanatory; "On The Fly Encryption" refers to the encrypting/decrypting of data as it is written to or read from your hard di...
Network-attached storage (NAS) can make your business easier to run and more efficient in multiple ways.
The other day, my wife asked me how to copy a PowerPoint presentation to a flash drive so she could take it with her to school. I was a little shocked. My very own wife doesn't know how to do this? I've failed as a husband!
Although live CDs have a lot of advantages, they don't fit in your pocket easily, which means you may not always have one around when you need it. Fortunately, most live CD images can be installed onto a USB flash drive, giving you most of the benefi...
After reading Recover Missing Files, Frederic Hugues asked about recovering them from a networked-attached storage (NAS) drive.
Last week I told you how to make a new computer hassle-free; to wit, I described how to create a system-repair disc, dump the junkware, and set up security. Now that you've got your PC just the way you want it, it's time to perform what I consider to...
Peter's motherboard died. How can he retrieve the data on his hard drive?
When people talk about the "size" of a hard drive, they generally mean it's capacity--how many gigabytes of data it holds. But you should also consider its literal, physical size.
Any business of any size runs on information, whether it's keeping track of accounting data or managing the flow of proposals and orders. Over the past 25 years, computers have transformed the way that small businesses operate, making it possible to ...
Losing your laptop can be expensive in three ways. First, you'll spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to replace the hardware. Second, you'll suffer the time and aggravation of restoring your data, all the while hoping you have everything backed up...
Buying a new hard drive with lots of storage space can give your PC a new lease on life and can improve your system's performance. But you need to make some decisions before you start transferring your data.
It happens to all of us: You turn on your system and see the stomach-churning "disk not found" error. It's really not surprising considering hard drives fail -- more often than you might think.
kckrug1994 asked the Answer Line Forum if a game or application would will work if installed onto an external drive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
- By 2020, you'll say more to a machine than to your spouse
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CC.Net Sitecore DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (J2EE/JAVA/Web) 161012/SSA/552Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW