File sharing and backup service provider SugarSync today announced that it has increased the capacity of its eponymous online storage offering from 2GB to 5GB.
Don't look now, but the data center is transforming. Seeking greater efficiencies, enterprises of all sizes have steadily evolved from application-based silos to virtualized environments. Now this evolution is taking the next leap forward as innovati...
NetApp today announced hardware upgrades to its midrange and high-end line of Fabric-Attached Storage (FAS) arrays as well as to its Data ONTAP 8 operating system, which it launched a little more than a year go
The MacBook Air's most slimming component isn't so unique anymore.
The sale of new tablet PCs and smartphones with solid state storage technology is compensating for weak demand for memory cards and USB flash drives and has led to a 17 per cent increase in NAND flash shipments over the last quarter and an average pr...
Toshiba America Electronic Components on Monday announced <a href="http://bit.ly/bcdSfW">a series of solid state drives</a> with a new form factor that's 42% smaller than today's mini-SATA or mSATA SSD modules.
What's less than half a centimeter thick, has a smaller footprint than a credit card, and stores up to 400GB of data? It's the latest SSD from Foremay. Foremay announced this Tuesday that it will begin shipping its new 1.8-inch SSDs. These new SSDs c...
Memory vendor Super Talent Technology announced a new USB 3.0 drive that sells for under $2 per gigabyte of capacity.
Three unlikely bedfellows have joined forces to halve the size of the technology used to make NAND flash chips and microprocessors in an effort to vastly increase the density and capacity of solid-state drives (SSDs) and create faster CPUs that use l...
Vendors may shortly be able to introduce SSD products that use PCIe to improve performance speeds. A group of leading vendors have joined forces to develop the standard which is expected to be finalised in the latter half of next year.
OCZ Technology today announced the launch of its next-generation PCI-express solid state drive, which offers up to 740MB/sec throughput or up to 120,000 I/Os per second (IOPS).
The migration to smaller drives and the use of solid-state drives (SSD) are among several key technologies that will lead to much lower data center power and cooling costs over the next several years, IDC said in a report today.
The next generation of IT vendors has arrived on the scene. Driven by a tentative economic recovery that is seeing venture capitalists release a few more dollars to tech startups, and a need to create tools for the world of cloud computing and virtua...
Iomega and Seagate have both announced new ultra-thin external drives that use the new SuperSpeed USB protocol. Iomega introduced a solid-state disk (SSD) and Seagate released a hard disk drive.
As the holiday shopping season nears, many companies are launching products that could be popular sellers. With its starting price down to US$999, Apple's lightweight MacBook Air laptop is high on my shopping list. Canon's new PowerShot SD4500 IS, a ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
- PCWorld's January Digital Edition: How AMD's Ryzen chip could change everything
- Twitter's Vine dies today, so download your videos pronto
- Nvidia's new Shield TV launches with HDR support, and connected home smarts on deck
- Why Linux users should worry about malware and what they can do about it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerACT
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW