Brocade Communication Systems today announced the release of a new line of Ethernet-based switches that will allow standard server traffic to share networks with data storage traffic, offering administrators a method of reducing network complexity an...
Brocade this week will introduce switches that will let users build a flat, multipath network for virtualized data center environments.
The European Union is giving €15.7 million (US$21.4 million) for a research project that will explore new technologies around cloud computing, including data mobility and secure access control.
File sharing and backup service provider SugarSync today announced that it has increased the capacity of its eponymous online storage offering from 2GB to 5GB.
Don't look now, but the data center is transforming. Seeking greater efficiencies, enterprises of all sizes have steadily evolved from application-based silos to virtualized environments. Now this evolution is taking the next leap forward as innovati...
NetApp today announced hardware upgrades to its midrange and high-end line of Fabric-Attached Storage (FAS) arrays as well as to its Data ONTAP 8 operating system, which it launched a little more than a year go
The MacBook Air's most slimming component isn't so unique anymore.
The sale of new tablet PCs and smartphones with solid state storage technology is compensating for weak demand for memory cards and USB flash drives and has led to a 17 per cent increase in NAND flash shipments over the last quarter and an average pr...
Toshiba America Electronic Components on Monday announced <a href="http://bit.ly/bcdSfW">a series of solid state drives</a> with a new form factor that's 42% smaller than today's mini-SATA or mSATA SSD modules.
What's less than half a centimeter thick, has a smaller footprint than a credit card, and stores up to 400GB of data? It's the latest SSD from Foremay. Foremay announced this Tuesday that it will begin shipping its new 1.8-inch SSDs. These new SSDs c...
Memory vendor Super Talent Technology announced a new USB 3.0 drive that sells for under $2 per gigabyte of capacity.
Three unlikely bedfellows have joined forces to halve the size of the technology used to make NAND flash chips and microprocessors in an effort to vastly increase the density and capacity of solid-state drives (SSDs) and create faster CPUs that use l...
Vendors may shortly be able to introduce SSD products that use PCIe to improve performance speeds. A group of leading vendors have joined forces to develop the standard which is expected to be finalised in the latter half of next year.
OCZ Technology today announced the launch of its next-generation PCI-express solid state drive, which offers up to 740MB/sec throughput or up to 120,000 I/Os per second (IOPS).
The migration to smaller drives and the use of solid-state drives (SSD) are among several key technologies that will lead to much lower data center power and cooling costs over the next several years, IDC said in a report today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorSA
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- FTProject Manager, Asset Vision- SaaS, PaaS- Gov backgroundNSW
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTPMO And Governance ManagerNSW
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSolutions Architect (Collaboration Technology) - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- FTSenior Digital Business Analyst, AGILE, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA