What's less than half a centimeter thick, has a smaller footprint than a credit card, and stores up to 400GB of data? It's the latest SSD from Foremay. Foremay announced this Tuesday that it will begin shipping its new 1.8-inch SSDs. These new SSDs c...
Memory vendor Super Talent Technology announced a new USB 3.0 drive that sells for under $2 per gigabyte of capacity.
Three unlikely bedfellows have joined forces to halve the size of the technology used to make NAND flash chips and microprocessors in an effort to vastly increase the density and capacity of solid-state drives (SSDs) and create faster CPUs that use l...
Vendors may shortly be able to introduce SSD products that use PCIe to improve performance speeds. A group of leading vendors have joined forces to develop the standard which is expected to be finalised in the latter half of next year.
OCZ Technology today announced the launch of its next-generation PCI-express solid state drive, which offers up to 740MB/sec throughput or up to 120,000 I/Os per second (IOPS).
The migration to smaller drives and the use of solid-state drives (SSD) are among several key technologies that will lead to much lower data center power and cooling costs over the next several years, IDC said in a report today.
The next generation of IT vendors has arrived on the scene. Driven by a tentative economic recovery that is seeing venture capitalists release a few more dollars to tech startups, and a need to create tools for the world of cloud computing and virtua...
Iomega and Seagate have both announced new ultra-thin external drives that use the new SuperSpeed USB protocol. Iomega introduced a solid-state disk (SSD) and Seagate released a hard disk drive.
As the holiday shopping season nears, many companies are launching products that could be popular sellers. With its starting price down to US$999, Apple's lightweight MacBook Air laptop is high on my shopping list. Canon's new PowerShot SD4500 IS, a ...
Western Digital has blown past the 2-terabyte barrier with a new 3.5-inch hard drive that has a whopping 3 TB of storage capacity. Drives larger than 2 TB were until recently impossible to use, because older computers could not recognize drive sizes ...
Western Digital Tuesday announced it's been shipping the industry's first serial ATA (SATA) 3TB internal hard drive for about a week. The new drive passes the previous 2.19TB ceiling due to 4-kilobyte sector sizes.
Physicists at the University of California at Riverside have made a breakthrough in developing a "spin computer," which would combine logic with nonvolatile memory, bypassing the need for computers to boot up.
GRAPEVINE, Texas -- A good chunk of attendees of Storage Networking World here this week revealed that trying to handle data management while maintaining a tight IT budget is their biggest management headache.
Samsung is now mass producing the industry's first 3-bit-per cell, 64Gbit NAND flash chip, which uses circuitry that's about 14% smaller than before. The new chips pack twice as many bits as Samsung's current NAND flash offering.
GRAPEVINE, Texas -- When it came to managing most of AOL's 6 petabytes of data, a Fibre Channel SAN sufficed. But for its most critical relational database, AOL found that the SAN was too constrained and caused its IT shop to miss business unit servi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC