Toshiba has become the latest storage vendor to build Opal Security Subsystem Class (Opal SSC) specification into its self-encrypting drive (SED) for PCs and laptops, the MKxx61GSYD.
Nothing conjures up images of smoking jackets, pipe aroma, and silicone implants quite like Playboy - which, like every other print magazine, is struggling to stay relevant in the Internet era. Well, Hef and Co. have come up with a revenue booster j...
Seagate Technology has closed off talks on a potential private-equity buyout while saying the hard-disk-drive market has improved.
A federal jury this month awarded awarded a former Seagate Technology engineer $1.9 million, in a wrongful employment case.
Chip maker AMD on Monday reportedly released an open source driver for the first chip in its new Fusion line, giving Linux users a new, open source-friendly hardware choice in the cutting-edge family of processors.
Compellent Technologies today announced the availability of the latest version of its storage area network (SAN) technology, Storage Center 5.4 SAN, which incorporates several hardware upgrades as well as adding storage virtualization.
While tech companies are trying to outdo each other in data center design and energy efficiency, small businesses still can find choosing a data center a tough proposition. Entrusting your company's data and valuable information to someone else needs...
Got files you want to share in the cloud? There are lots of free options.
Flash array vendor Violin Memory today released its first caching appliance for network-attached storage systems.
Intel's investment division Tuesday announced it has invested $32 million in Israeli start-up Anobit Technologies, whose MLC-flash based solid state drive (SSD) for enterprise data centers emerged from its development stage earlier this year.
Data security laws are now the main reason US companies take up encryption, for the first time surpassing even anxiety over data breaches, a new report by the Ponemon Institute on behalf of Symantec has found.
Brocade Communication Systems today announced the release of a new line of Ethernet-based switches that will allow standard server traffic to share networks with data storage traffic, offering administrators a method of reducing network complexity an...
Brocade this week will introduce switches that will let users build a flat, multipath network for virtualized data center environments.
The European Union is giving €15.7 million (US$21.4 million) for a research project that will explore new technologies around cloud computing, including data mobility and secure access control.
File sharing and backup service provider SugarSync today announced that it has increased the capacity of its eponymous online storage offering from 2GB to 5GB.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
- By 2020, you'll say more to a machine than to your spouse
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCData ScientistVIC
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW