Oracle is planning to announce what it calls "a dramatic leap in storage technology" during a Jan. 31 webcast.
If you needed to score 900,000GB of data, how much do you think your storage system would weigh?
EMC on Tuesday announced a slew of products, including upgrades to its high-end VMAX Symmetrix array, the introduction of clustered NAS from its recent acquisition of Isilon Systems, and a product line that combines its midrange Clariion SAN and Cele...
Western Digital has begun shipping its new 750GB Scorpio Black hard drives for notebooks. The 2.5in Scorpio Black drives target "creative professionals, gamers and PC enthusiasts", according to WD.
Internap is offering a new public cloud storage service that it built using software from OpenStack, the open-source cloud software project kicked off last year by Rackspace and NASA.
Symantec today introduced its NetBackup and FileStore appliances with an eye toward offering customers choices in whether they want to mix and match software- and hardware-based backup and storage products according to business needs.
Marking the 50th anniversary of the inauguration of President John F. Kennedy, the JFK Library Foundation on Thursday unveiled the nation's largest online digitized presidential archive, providing access to papers, records, photographs and recordings...
Each year, the editors and reviewers of the InfoWorld Test Center gather to look over the list of products that earned the highest marks in stand-alone reviews or came in first in multiproduct shoot-outs. We then determine which ones were particularl...
Alacritech, best known for its TCP/IP offload network interface cards, today released its first network-attached storage (NAS) acceleration appliance, which boasts the ability to increase file transfer performance by three or more times.
Synology today launched the RackStation RS411, a rack-mountable, network-attached storage (NAS) device designed for businesses.
It is almost mind-boggling how much data can be stored on a portable drive or USB thumb drive. As convenient as it is it to be able to carry 1TB of data in your pocket, though, portable drives are also easily lost or stolen, and gallivanting about ca...
Storage giant SanDisk has come up with a new half-way house for consumers who want to use encryption on portable USB without diving in at the deep end.
CES 2011 has plenty to offer the consumer world, but increasingly it brings major business tech advances, too. This year, we're seeing a flood of new offerings that will make doing business on the road easier, more engaging, and a whole lot more prod...
If mockups on the floor of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas this week are to be trusted, then the second iteration of Apple's iPad tablet will have 128GB of capacity on its solid-state drive (SSD).
An Intel executive on Friday said that its Light Peak interconnect technology, designed to link PCs to devices like displays and external storage, is ready for implementation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTITIL Service ManagerVIC
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCTechnical Writer - TelcoVIC
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementSA
- CCSupport OfficerSA