Synology has released a new 4-bay network-attached storage device. The Synology DiskStation DS411slim NAS device can fit up to four 2.5in hard drives, for a maximum storage capacity of 4TB.
Surging revenue from storage, security and virtualization brought record financial results at EMC in the fourth quarter, the company reported Tuesday.
D-Link has started shipping the DNS-320, a 2-bay network-attached storage (NAS) device.
Sepaton today announced the next-generation operating system for its grid-based deduplication, backup appliance, the S2100-ES2.
Hewlett-Packard has invited journalists to an event March 14 where CEO Léo Apotheker is expected to lay out his plans for the company, including anticipated greater investments in enterprise software.
The beauty of the cloud is that it makes it easy for people to get technology in place when they need it. The ugliness of the cloud is that it lets employees bring in technology that the business is unaware of, potentially exposing confidential infor...
British businesses are lagging behind many of their global competitors when it comes to disaster recovery in the clouds, according to research from Acronis. And even the companies who are diligent about backing up are failing to treat virtual servers...
Oracle is planning to announce what it calls "a dramatic leap in storage technology" during a Jan. 31 webcast.
If you needed to score 900,000GB of data, how much do you think your storage system would weigh?
EMC on Tuesday announced a slew of products, including upgrades to its high-end VMAX Symmetrix array, the introduction of clustered NAS from its recent acquisition of Isilon Systems, and a product line that combines its midrange Clariion SAN and Cele...
Western Digital has begun shipping its new 750GB Scorpio Black hard drives for notebooks. The 2.5in Scorpio Black drives target "creative professionals, gamers and PC enthusiasts", according to WD.
Internap is offering a new public cloud storage service that it built using software from OpenStack, the open-source cloud software project kicked off last year by Rackspace and NASA.
Symantec today introduced its NetBackup and FileStore appliances with an eye toward offering customers choices in whether they want to mix and match software- and hardware-based backup and storage products according to business needs.
Marking the 50th anniversary of the inauguration of President John F. Kennedy, the JFK Library Foundation on Thursday unveiled the nation's largest online digitized presidential archive, providing access to papers, records, photographs and recordings...
Each year, the editors and reviewers of the InfoWorld Test Center gather to look over the list of products that earned the highest marks in stand-alone reviews or came in first in multiproduct shoot-outs. We then determine which ones were particularl...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- Australian businesses need to accept higher rotation of millennials: Kronos
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW