Western Digital has launched a new network-attached storage (NAS) device for home users. The WD MyBook Live is designed for streaming media to DLNA-compatible devices, such as some TVs, PCs, media streamers and games consoles.
Oracle's StorageTek division today announced its highest capacity and fastest tape drive to date -- the company says the T10000C stores up to 5TB of uncompressed data and offers throughput speeds of up to 70% faster than similar products today.
Oracle is taking aim at the fast-growing storage demands of large enterprises with the latest version of its high-end tape drive, which will be able to pack 5TB of uncompressed data onto a tape cartridge.
Intel has eased the migration to a single network infrastructure throughout data centers by introducing Open FCOE, a free software stack for Fibre Channel Over Ethernet.
Hitachi GST has today announced its new Ultrastar 7K3000 enterprise-class hard drives, which are designed for use with 24x7 applications in data centres.
Hard disk manufacturer Seagate has published an extraordinary report all but proving that solid-state disk (SSD) technology will remain niche for the next decade or two, at least.
Hitachi GST today announced the first 3TB enterprise-class hard disk drive, the Ultrastar 7K3000, a 7,200rpm array that comes with either 6Gbit/sec. serial SCSI (SAS) and serial ATA (SATA) interfaces.
Cisco Systems today unveiled a cloud storage feature for its series of entry-level desktop NSS 300 Series Smart Storage storage arrays.
Synology has released a new 4-bay network-attached storage device. The Synology DiskStation DS411slim NAS device can fit up to four 2.5in hard drives, for a maximum storage capacity of 4TB.
Surging revenue from storage, security and virtualization brought record financial results at EMC in the fourth quarter, the company reported Tuesday.
D-Link has started shipping the DNS-320, a 2-bay network-attached storage (NAS) device.
Sepaton today announced the next-generation operating system for its grid-based deduplication, backup appliance, the S2100-ES2.
Hewlett-Packard has invited journalists to an event March 14 where CEO Léo Apotheker is expected to lay out his plans for the company, including anticipated greater investments in enterprise software.
The beauty of the cloud is that it makes it easy for people to get technology in place when they need it. The ugliness of the cloud is that it lets employees bring in technology that the business is unaware of, potentially exposing confidential infor...
British businesses are lagging behind many of their global competitors when it comes to disaster recovery in the clouds, according to research from Acronis. And even the companies who are diligent about backing up are failing to treat virtual servers...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTC ProgrammerACT
- CCSystems EngineerQLD
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCMigration OfficerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCDeployment LeadVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD