SANTA CLARA, CALIF. - Intel and Micron plan to further shrink NAND circuitry, doubling the density of their flash chips and further reducing the cost of solid state drive (SSD) storage.
The disaster in Japan may be a boost to worldwide semiconductor revenue, according to analysts.
Flash storage vendor STEC will be able to offer a five-year warranty on the next generation of its Zeus SSDs (solid-state disks) regardless of the technology they use.
Tablets are the culmination of what Steve Jobs wanted to create at Apple from the beginning, Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak said Monday.
Cisco today unveiled security and network convergence upgrades to its line of director-class data center switches, including a new multi-hop Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) capability for the Nexus 7000, 5000 and 3000 series and MDS 9500 switch fa...
Permabit Technology on Tuesday announced an iteration of its Albireo primary data deduplication software for SMB network-attached storage systems based on Linux servers.
Kaminario today released a new, lower-end version of its K2 DRAM Storage Appliance, dropping the multi-million dollar price tag to $50,000 for an entry-level configuration.
Intel announced today a new line of consumer-class solid state drives (SSD) based on its smallest 25 nanometer (nm) circuitry that replace the chip-maker's long-selling and most popular SSD, the X25-M.
Kingston today announced it has started shipping 4GB and 8GB Class 10 microSDHC cards, offering a minimum sustained write rate of 10 megabytes per second. The company also sells a 16GB Class 10 microSDHC card.
NEW YORK -- As real-time and batch analytics evolve using big data processing engines such as Hadoop, corporations will be able to track our activities, habits and locations with greater precision than ever thought.
Storage products from Dell's Compellent unit will integrate technologies from Dell's earlier acquisitions to better enable these products to target large enterprise customers, an executive of the unit said.
It's been nearly five years to the day since Amazon introduced its groundbreaking Simple Storage Service -- or S3, as it's more commonly known. But despite that offering's track record, many enterprise IT executives still struggle with the notion of ...
Oracle explicitly said that it planned to sell products directly to its largest accounts after it acquired Sun Microsystems last year. But reseller Innovative Technology Distributors is claiming Oracle set about doing so in a way that "destroyed" ITD...
If you're a fan of character-based interfaces -- such as DOS -- and free data recovery, you're going to love TestDisk and its companion utility, PhotoRec (a brother program included in the TestDisk download). Both free programs run in a DOS box or fr...
A quarter of new laptops and half of new desktop PCs will adopt an emerging data storage method by 2016, pairing flash memory with traditional hard disk drives (HDDs) for better overall performance, according to two storage experts.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
- Dash cam review: The Cobra CDR895D Drive HD offers affordable dual-channel video
- Dash cam review: The Thinkware F770 works with your smartphone
- Dash cam review: Garmin's DriveAssist 50LMT is first-class almost all the way
- Dash cam review: The Viofo A119 is a surprisingly good bargain
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCService Desk SMENSW
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnology Support Specialist - Multiple RolesSA
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness/Process AnalystQLD