Irish rockers, U2, are continuing to innovate in their use of video on the current Innocence + Experience tour, and behind the scenes is some extremely high-performance, all-flash technology.
Facebook is building a new datacentre in Fort Worth, Texas, that will be powered entirely by renewable energy.
EMC is selling its Syncplicity file-sharing and collaboration business to private investment company Skyview Capital for an undisclosed sum.
Samsung today announced what it is calling the first multi-terabyte consumer solid-state drive (SSD), which will offer 2TB of capacity in a 2.5-in. form factor for laptops and desktops.
Red Hat continues to make inroads into the enterprise storage software market, improving two of its core storage technologies and striking partnerships with key IT system resellers.
Snowflake Computing announced Tuesday that its cloud-based data warehouse service is available to all users.
Enterprise storage is a long-term bet. Pure Storage, a growing maker of all-flash arrays, is reshuffling the deck on that gamble in a way that might save IT departments time and money.
Sony's push to get enterprise users to store data on optical discs has received added momentum with its acquisition of a Facebook-linked startup focused on optical storage.
When a startup's $10 million in funding is followed two months later by a further $41 million, it's safe to say they're tapping into a trend. In the case of Rubrik, that trend is enterprise data management.
In the new world of cloud storage, there's still room for old standbys like tape. IBM says combining them can save enterprises money.
When it comes to storage, Facebook is learning to do more with less.
EMC will release its ViPR Controller storage automation and control software as an open-source project, letting third parties develop their own services and applications on top of it and possibly make ViPR work with more parts of enterprise storage e...
EMC's VCE division wants to take the engineered systems approach it's honed with its Vblocks into next-generation mobile and cloud applications.
EMC says enterprises like its XtremIO all-flash storage array, so in version 4.0, the company is offering more of it.
Hitachi Data Systems is aiming its big-data expertise at health care and enterprise IT departments with specialized products for combining types of information.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell XPS 15 vs. MacBook Pro 15: Fight!
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCEngineer/Developer - Comptel - TelcoVIC
- FTPHP Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- FTApplication Support Lead - Health ApplicationsNSW
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Wealth Advice/SuperannuationNSW
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD