Sony's push to get enterprise users to store data on optical discs has received added momentum with its acquisition of a Facebook-linked startup focused on optical storage.
When a startup's $10 million in funding is followed two months later by a further $41 million, it's safe to say they're tapping into a trend. In the case of Rubrik, that trend is enterprise data management.
In the new world of cloud storage, there's still room for old standbys like tape. IBM says combining them can save enterprises money.
When it comes to storage, Facebook is learning to do more with less.
EMC will release its ViPR Controller storage automation and control software as an open-source project, letting third parties develop their own services and applications on top of it and possibly make ViPR work with more parts of enterprise storage e...
EMC's VCE division wants to take the engineered systems approach it's honed with its Vblocks into next-generation mobile and cloud applications.
EMC says enterprises like its XtremIO all-flash storage array, so in version 4.0, the company is offering more of it.
Hitachi Data Systems is aiming its big-data expertise at health care and enterprise IT departments with specialized products for combining types of information.
Past political trouble in the U.S. isn't stopping Huawei Technologies from selling its enterprise services in the country.
A developer edition of Box will allow enterprises to build applications on top of the company's content collaboration and sharing capabilities without using the Box user interface or requiring users to have a Box account.
Some enterprises that are happy to put their data in a public cloud prefer to keep the keys to that data under their own control. That's the message online file sync and sharing services are sending lately.
IBM and Fujifilm have figured out how to fit 220TB of data on a standard-size tape that fits in your hand, flexing the technology's strengths as a long-term storage medium.
With all the photos, videos, apps and tunes you have, the storage on your smartphone may not be enough. With that in mind, Intel is researching new ways to up the storage capacity in mobile devices and PCs without hurting the size or price of devices...
With Apple's latest MacBook and Google's newest Chromebook just out and featuring the new USB Type-C connector, we're on the lookout for peripherals that use the interface, and storage devices appear to be first out of the gate.
Smartphones, tablets and PCs are about to get a whole lot more storage capacity thanks to new 3D flash chips from Intel and Micron that cram more bits into a smaller space.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC