Users are set to ditch tape as a storage medium as one in 10 businesses have lost data following a failure of a tape backup system.
The scoop: Replica backup storage device, by Seagate, about $200 (for 500GB version; 250GB version costs $130)
Commercial solid state drives (SSDs) have finally started reaching the capacities found in the hard disk world, with the release of a new 512GB drive from US storage startup Super Talent.
Dell is putting together hardware and software for backup and recovery in one system, with integrated software, for small and medium-size businesses.
Rat74136's external hard drive is full. He asked the Answer Line forum how to keep backing up.
Nag, nag, nag is what I feel like sometimes when talking about backups, but I'm compelled to help people in spite of themselves. The bottom line is simple: lose data, lose dollars. When you talk about some type of disaster, such as fire or theft of y...
It can be a storage nightmare: Given expanding regulatory requirements and the key role that electronic records now play in lawsuits, some enterprises are saving every bit of data they have, just to be safe. As a gauge of storage demand, IDC says the...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCVMWare ConsultantWA
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA