Users are set to ditch tape as a storage medium as one in 10 businesses have lost data following a failure of a tape backup system.
The scoop: Replica backup storage device, by Seagate, about $200 (for 500GB version; 250GB version costs $130)
Commercial solid state drives (SSDs) have finally started reaching the capacities found in the hard disk world, with the release of a new 512GB drive from US storage startup Super Talent.
Dell is putting together hardware and software for backup and recovery in one system, with integrated software, for small and medium-size businesses.
Rat74136's external hard drive is full. He asked the Answer Line forum how to keep backing up.
Nag, nag, nag is what I feel like sometimes when talking about backups, but I'm compelled to help people in spite of themselves. The bottom line is simple: lose data, lose dollars. When you talk about some type of disaster, such as fire or theft of y...
It can be a storage nightmare: Given expanding regulatory requirements and the key role that electronic records now play in lawsuits, some enterprises are saving every bit of data they have, just to be safe. As a gauge of storage demand, IDC says the...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW