Websites, mobile apps and online advertising networks targeting children will be required to follow new privacy regulations, including getting a parent's permission before collecting geolocation information and photographs from kids, under new rules ...
An effort by three U.S. senators to add an Internet sales tax amendment to a military spending bill has failed, at least for now.
The Consumer Electronics Association has switched its position on Internet sales taxes, with the huge trade group now supporting the collection of the tax.
Four U.S. senators have introduced legislation that would allow states to collect taxes on Internet sales, even when the seller does not have a physical presence in the taxing state.
Many top websites share their visitors' names, usernames or other personal information with their partners without telling users and, in some cases, without knowing they're doing it, according to a new study from Stanford University.
Several tech trade groups have voiced opposition to new legislation in the U.S. Congress that would require Web-based retailers to collect sales tax from customers.
A senior member of the U.S. Senate plans to introduce legislation that would require websites and online advertising networks to stop tracking Web users who ask to be left alone.
A coalition of privacy and consumer groups is pushing for the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to add conditions, including requiring that Google get opt-in permission from users before collecting their data, to its proposed settlement over privacy prob...
A state senator in California has introduced a bill that would allow Web surfers to opt out of online tracking efforts by websites and advertising networks.
A bill that would direct the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to create a mechanism to allow consumers to opt out of online tracking efforts tops a list of proposals that would be bad for the Internet, according to e-commerce trade group NetChoice.
Proposals in the U.S. Congress that would create new rules for websites collecting personal data would cripple the online advertising and publishing industries, e-commerce trade group NetChoice said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCAEM/CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSystem AnalystNSW